An ICS client in Miami is seeking a direct hire, Data Architect. You will need to work from the Miami office 1-2 days a week so local candidates are preferred. Some kind of relevant cloud experience is required but there isn’t a huge emphasis on one Cloud provider in particular. Understanding Data structures, specifically Kimball structure, is preferred. No option of sponsorship in this role.
You will source from different systems into one Infrastructure. This client is in the infancy stage with Azure having stood up the backbone but now need an in house person to manage the infrastructure and work with integration team.
Prefer to have someone who has stood up an environment from scratch. Greenfield environment and not currently working with a Microsoft Partner.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead clear definition of information and data across and help clarify ownership and stewardship
- Model data within AWS or Azure Database/Data Marts for data consumption by analytics tools, and database users
- Provide data analysis and data modeling expertise, especially with the Kimball Dimensional Modeling approach
- Consult with key individuals across multiple projects regarding the usage and application of Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing architectural standards
- Develop logical and physical data models from business requirements
- Provide input and architectural guidance for ETL architecture and processes
- Own information design through conceptual data models and align and review logical data models, API definitions and analytical data products for consistency and completeness
- Drive Information Interaction Framework for collaborating/sharing information across business capabilities and functions
- Analyze and influence end-to-end data and integration design for key business domains
- Architect and design solutions for data quality, reliability and data governance
- Embrace and influence technology platform thinking and drive architecture principles of security, scale, uptime and reliability
- Contribute to and implement the architecture strategy for enterprise information and data management
- Partner with business and enterprise data leaders to provide technical advice on data governance, data quality and stewardship
- Demonstrate a strong bias for architecture principles balanced with tactical timelines, cost and risks
- Contribute to architecture guiding principles, development standards, training and hiring
- Responsible for designing & implementing a data architecture that will help with scalability, performance & reliability across projects.
- Be able to provide technical direction and lead a group of one or more architects to address a goal
- Evaluate existing data models and physical databases for variances and discrepancies
- Minimum 3-5 years relevant Cloud work experience related to web design and administration. 7+ years technology experience required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Information Management, Systems Engineering, or related field
- Familiarity with enterprise cloud/virtual architectures like AWS, Microsoft Azure, Open Stack, JIE, etc.
- A solid understanding and experience with data APIs, data warehousing, reporting and analytics platforms
- Exceptional collaboration, listening, written and verbal communication skills with ability to facilitate technology strategy, requirements and architecture conversations with all stakeholders (management, business users, and technology resources)
- 2+ years hands on working experience in data modeling, focused on the Kimball Dimensional modeling methodology