The Data Engineer performs routine functions in support of the Tech Operations data team. The Data Engineer runs standardized queries, extracts and parses files, loads data into platforms, and ensures the highest levels of quality.
Daily Tasks / Average Day:
- Run standardized queries to extract data from data lakes and other tools.
- Parses files per platform ingestion limitations.
- Loads files into platforms (e.g. SFMC, Braze) via UI or other methods.
- Completes quality assurance and resolves any discrepancies.
- Document completion and audit trail in Jira.
- Minimum of 2+ years scripting languages and scheduling jobs (SQL, python)
- Experience with data platforms Snowflake/Databricks preferred.
- Experience with email/push/inapp platforms (Salesforce, Braze) preferred
- Experience with quality assurance and Infosec procedures.
- Experience with Agile software development methodology (SCRUM, Kanban).
- Experience with Jira preferred.
- Flexible and willing to assist other team members
- Able to work in a fast paced environment with quick turnaround
- Strong problem solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Excellent interpersonal skills.