BI / Data Governance Project Manager - Client Engagement
The Business Intelligence / Data Governance Project Manager will be responsible for assessing corporate clients' Commercial Real Estate (CRE) Business Intelligence, Data Governance and Quality capabilities to turn information into value, identify risk and opportunities, and inform tactical and strategic decisions. The BI and Data Governance PM will plan, direct, and manage client engagements, deliver client value and grow advisory scope.
This PM will also advise clients on their agenda, roadmaps, and strategy for a successful BI data governance and quality improvement or implementation capabilities. You should have experience partnering with internal and cross-functional teams to help the overall advisory practice development and client engagement.
Advisory and Responsibilities:
- Conduct data management maturity assessments and identify pain points for capabilities, e.g. data quality, governance, architecture, analytics, meta-data and reference data management, master data management.
- Build future state data quality + governance strategy, roadmaps, and recommendations for business capabilities, organizational adjustments and technical components.
- Implement an enterprise-wide data quality and governance framework, with a focus on improvement of data quality and the protection of sensitive data through modifications to organizational policies and standards, principles, governance metrics, processes, related tools and architecture.
- Define data quality + governance roles and responsibilities required to operate and sustain the enterprise data ecosystem.
- Define operating models for data quality + governance in business intelligence and analytics environments.
- Build a repeatable data quality + governance program and methodology framework.
- Assist clients with qualitative and quantitative analysis for building a strong business case for change.
- Establish data standards, policies and controls; design and implement the framework, including associated processes and monitoring, necessary to sustain a data control environment.
- Assess the implications and prescribe best practices that arise from legal, privacy, contractual, and compliance obligations.
- Collect, synthesize and publish meta-data as defined by project scopes, include business terms and vocabulary, data dictionaries and lineage, taxonomy and topology, etc.
- Define data domains and implement business oversight via essential data governance organizations and RACI (e.g. central data governance function, data stewardship programs).
- Define critical data elements and related artefacts based on client's needs.
- Establish a data quality + governance framework necessary to enable data quality reporting, issue identification, remediation and tracking, ultimately ensuring trust and confidence in data across domains.
- Demonstrate a rigorous and analytical problem-solving approach, leading information gathering sessions and preparing and delivering client presentations and work products/prototypes.
- Identify the implications for data quality + governance that arise from the technology, current processes, and skill levels in the client's environment.
- Work with enterprise and solution architects to establish target data technology designs for clients.
- Financial performance (utilization, client billable hours).
- Key performance indicators achieved (client satisfaction, project/engagement performance metrics).
- Customer satisfaction & sustained growth (Y-o-Y $ growth).
- Client retention.
- 5+ years of data strategy and data quality + governance consulting experiences.
- Bachelor's degree with IT, business, computer science or technical focus preferred.
- 8+ years of experience in a major services organization, with large-scale data quality + governance project management and oversight experience.
- Commercial real estate industry experience, especially in portfolio management, occupancy strategy, or smart facilities is highly preferred.
- 5+ years of data management related experience such as data analysis, data governance, enterprise information management, data modelling, and data quality management.
- In-depth knowledge of industry-leading data quality + governance, management, and protection practices.
- Deep knowledge of, and the ability to present, clear and compelling cases for the role of data quality + governance.
- Previous experience implementing comprehensive enterprise-wide data quality + governance strategies at large organizations.
- Knowledge of business and technology issues related to management of enterprise information assets and data protection.
- Knowledge of data related government regulatory requirements and emerging trends and issues.
- Advanced analytical, problem solving, negotiation and organizational skills with demonstrated ability to multi-task, organize, prioritize and meet deadlines. High level of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Knowledge of and experience with enterprise source systems and strong understanding of enterprise integration.
- Knowledge of data technology solution categories, leading solution vendors, and key trends.
- Analytics experience, e.g. data visualization, data analytics, data mining, business intelligence.
- Strong SQL skills for reporting and analytics, complex data profiling and reverse engineering.
- Experience in agile methodologies, tools, standards and procedures.
- Excellent presentation, communication (verbal and written), and interpersonal skills to effectively interface with various functional groups within the organization. Ability to explain value of data governance to both business and technical stakeholders.
- Ability to analyze complex environments, distill concepts, and present to clients.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently as well as in a team.
- Ability to set and meet deadlines as well as provide direction and feedback.
- Fluent in Microsoft Office suite (MS Visio, Word and PowerPoint required).
- Experience working in large global organizations with geographically dispersed teams and complex technical environments:
- Comfortable working remote and ability to lead productive discussions via email, instant messaging, and conference call meetings and with variety of internal customers.
- Ability to collaborate across many levels within a team, organization, with clients and service