Data Quality Engineer
- Location: New York, NY
- Job Type: Direct Placement
- Ref No: 20-02717
- Date: June 10, 2020
Job Description - Data Quality Engineer
Execute Data Quality Program Initiatives
- Produce Data Quality Assessment reports through interaction with the business consumers.
- Drive improvements to maximize value of data quality (e.g. drive changes to have access to required metadata to maximize impact of data quality, quantify the cost/impact of poor data quality).
- Perform data quality activities including data quality rule creation, edit checks, identification of issues, root cause analysis, value case analysis, remediation planning and 2nd line of defense monitoring etc.
- Perform complex analyses to support business decisions, as well as provide feedback and recommendations to the management regarding results.
- Maintain and enhance Data Quality Score Dashboard.
- Prepare Data Quality Training material for data stewards, Data Quality team and general bank training.
- Coordinate Data Quality activities and data remediation activities with the Data Governance team.
- Work with CDO management to introduce tools and capabilities to enhance the Data Quality Program.
- Assist representing CDO on Internal Audit reviews for data quality audits.
Data Analytics & Team Orientation
- Provide data analytics expertise, demonstrate strength working with large data sets outside of Excel. Comfortable managing 200k records with over 200 columns plus across multiple data sets
- Become the team's technical expert for Data Quality report automation, identification, and data issue visualization.
- Provide guidance to the functional area owners, IT leads and data stewards in resolving conflicts. i.e., choosing authoritative sources, business definitions, roles and responsibilities etc.
Data Quality Education, Communications and Guidance
- Contribute toward the development and execution of education trainings and roadshows on data quality organization, processes, policies and standards across the enterprise.
- Augment and execute the data quality strategy to ensure achievable and measureable milestones are mapped out for delivery and are effectively communicated
- Bachelor's Degree or above, Master's Degree preferred
- 5+ years of professional work experience in the financial services industry focused on data
- 5+ years of working knowledge using SQL and Data Quality tools
- Python and Excel experience
- 3+ years in Data Quality related leadership roles or Content-centric/ data-centric roles
- Strong experience in data related activities (data governance, metadata, data management, data standards, data structures, data aggregation, business requirements)
- Specific skills in visualization tool experience implementing Tableau, and SSRS highly desired