Data Services Manager
- Location: chicago, IL
- Job Type: Direct Placement
- Ref No: 20-03185
- Date: July 23, 2020
Job Description - Data Services Manager
Global Technology Services
Led by the CTO, Global Technology Services (GTS) is the provider of all technology services to the regional IT organisations which are led by regional CIOs. GTS has a distributed organisation model to ensure local touch and to be able to follow the sun.
The GTS team in the US can potentially contain all domains/disciplines that are part of GTS; such as network services, core infra/EUS partner management, platform services and project management.
Currently platform and network services are represented in US.
The platform services team consists of 3 sub-teams; platform development (creation and maturing of new services), platform delivery (management and continuous improvement of existing services) and data services (management of wide variety of data storage technologies, including RDBMS)
- Leads and manages the GTS Global Data Services (distributed) team to instill quality, standards, improvements whilst also driving innovation/strategic initiatives across global data services teams
- Hierarchical management of GTS US based resources and Functional management of GTS Global Data Services team
- Handles the implementation of the bank's business data solutions running in development, test and production environments. This will include installation and creation of data solutions and patch management as well as upgrades across all data service technologies
- Responsible for ensuring availability and performance of the Clearing data management environments
- In collaboration with peer GTS leaders develop, implement, and reinforce the compliance of effective policies, practices, and processes for all systems and technologies
- Develops and maintain run books for High Availability and Disaster Recovery tests and is responsible for planning and running these tests.
Education and Experience:
- Experience leading a team in a matrix and outsourced environment
- Leadership, accountability and excellent team building and collaboration skills
- Must have a strong understanding of the architectural and operational complexities of solutions deployed within an infrastructure environment with previous hands on experience of many of the following technologies: MS SQL, Oracle, Postgres Databases, Hadoop, Kafja, Delphix, Microsoft and Linux OS, Storage (SAN/NAS/DAS) Networks, Cloud Service provisions, Monitoring solutions, Service Now.
- Ability to balance the global needs with the regional needs
- Strong interpersonal skills which are required to liaise with internal and external technical and business users across different regions
- Flexible attitude to working hours, including travel / working different time zones, on call and weekend working when applicable
- Proven ability to work well under pressure and to multiple deadlines, practical thinker.
- Strong written documentation skills.
- Change management – adhering to ITIL procedures to ensure that any changes are carried out successfully.
- Problem management – liaising with relevant parties to achieve a resolution.
- Project management – experience of managing or working on projects.