Data Support Analyst
Required skills & experience
Our client is one of the world’s largest interdealer brokers in the over-the-counter financial and commodity related products in the world with over 25 offices globally.
They are looking for a data support analyst with an interest in learning and growing their skillset within the financial services market data space. This position will report into the NA American Market Data head and work with teams in NYC, London, Singapore, and Tokyo. the ideal candidate should be a creative problem solver with strong and operational skills for a broad range of data activities including management and control of internal data dissemination delivered to and from major data vendors, the management of external data dissemination and the operation of our data backbone and ensure our offering is second to none for our global financial customers.
- Candidates must have 2 years or more experience in supporting of data infrastructure/customers.
- Able to resolve problems in production in timely manner.
- Customer service experience to ensure any issues reported are dealt with quickly and professionally.
- Customer relationship management including dedicated customer support.
- Management and control of busy incident management and request queues with the ability to prioritise.
- Generation of weekly incident and request reports and presentation to senior management.
- Data entry for onboarding of data sets for customers.
- Classification of financial instruments (with guidance using pre-defined criterion).
- Permission systems to allow or restrict access to data and applications
- Monitoring and troubleshooting data systems.
- Linux & Windows skills for interrogate log files to assist with troubleshooting issues.
- Work with network and infrastructure teams to diagnose and resolve production issues.
- Experience with Electronic trading platforms in Fixed Income or Foreign Exchange.
- SQL skills to query databases for the retrieval of large historical datasets.
- Scripting skills to automate like Python, Shell scripts and PowerShell.
- Knowledge of time series databases like OneTick or KDB.
- Monitoring systems like ITRS.
- Requires shift that will cover early morning to late evenings in the NY or Denver office.
- Work with global teams daily for support handover during early morning/evening.
- Participation in change management and testing on weekends/evenings.