Working within the IT Support team the role will require a high level of technical expertise and will be the key point of contact for the End User community globally. The role will need to support the activities of desktop services on a 24/7 basis and will involve working with the regional IT and business teams to support the desktop environment.
Role & Responsibilities:
• Act as the 1st point of contact for all user incidents & service requests
• Initial triage of incidents & assignment
• Taking ownership of service incidents/requests and liaising with other IT teams in order to resolve and manage user expectations to include resolution
• Creating and maintaining accurate and concise ticket update/knowledgebase documentation within ServiceNow
• Diagnose and resolve unique, nonrecurring problems associated with application software and operating systems; determine the source of problems and classify their level, priority and nature.
• Configure, deploy, maintain, troubleshoot and support computer workstations, laptops, printers, mobile devices, phones and other computer and telecommunications equipment.
• Install and support PC, laptop, tablet and mobile hardware and software (certifications from CompTIA, Microsoft or HDI are a plus).
• Create alternative methods of completing tasks, correcting user errors and system inconsistencies to improve the desktop team function.
• Maintain inventory of installed software, manage software licensing and create policies and procedures for upgrades.
• Ensure desktop computers interconnect seamlessly with diverse systems including associated validation systems, file servers, email servers, computer conferencing systems, application servers and administrative systems.
• Document procedures, standards, best practices configurations, settings, installation sequences and backout instructions.
• Be willing to take on a new position or accept additional responsibilities when asked.
• Provide excellent technical and customer focused support to end users.
• Take ownership of service incidents/requests and liaise with IT teams in order to resolve and manage user expectations
Essential Skills & Experience:
• At least 5 years' experience of working in an IT technical support role, able to demonstrate excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to own a problem or situation and resolve it.
• Have a high level of technical ability which you can disseminate across the team.
• Excellent spoken and written English
• Good communication skills both verbal and written
• Have the experience and ability to handle a constantly changing flow of support calls and technical assistance in order to prevent handoff to 3rd line support teams.
• Ability to multitask effectively and remain professional during stressful situations.
• Strong knowledge of Windows 7 / 10 environment
• Exceptional working knowledge of all products within the Microsoft Office Suite (Office 2013, 2016 and Office 365)
• High level knowledge of Active Directory administration, including adding users, configuring PCs and groups.
• Comprehensive knowledge of group policy
• Have the ability to act on own initiative and a team player.
• Capable of working within a framework of procedure and policies.
• Genuinely want to deliver a first-class service.
• Self-motivated to on the job training and continuous personal development.
Technical role with detailed hands on experience of the following technologies:
• Apple hardware & OS
• Client Hardware
• Understanding of LDAP
• Running Powershell Scripts
• ServiceNow ITSM tool experience
• ITIL Foundation certification (Minimum V2)
• Working Knowledge of ITIL Incident, Problem, Change Management
• Active Directory, Exchange (both on-perm & O365)
• VMware Virtualization & Administration (Horizon)
• Multi Factor Auth setup (MS MFA, DUO)
• MS Intune
• Microsoft Azure Active Directory administration
• Active Directory, Outlook (both on-perm & O365)
• WebEx, S4B, MS Teams
• Cisco CUCM
• Cisco AV
|Senior Software QA Engineer|
|IT Office Manager|
|IT Help Desk Engineer|
|IT Project Manager - Application Development|