DevOps Engineer Consultant - 100% Remote
- Location: Remote, TX
- Job Type: Contract
- Ref No: 21-00329
- Date: January 22, 2021
Job Description - DevOps Engineer Consultant - 100% Remote
DEVOPS ENGINEER CONSULTANT - 100% REMOTE
ICS is working with their Dallas-based client to hire a DevOps Engineer Consultant to join their growing team to build tools that streamline deployment pipelines for continuous delivery of software, ability to setup, maintain and scale services. You’ll be tasked with the continuous improvement of the reliability & efficiency of the company’s infrastructure. The ideal candidate will have a passion for technology, thrive in a small team environment and crave taking on ownership in this critical role!
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Design and Implement highly available and scalable architectures in dynamic, fast growing environments.
- Work in our DevOps team to ensure a scalable, secure, redundant, distributed production environment systems.
- Manage and Secure AWS Services and the company architecture.
- Design and implement scripts and Ansible playbooks for small- and large-scale environment in CI/CD Pipelines.
- Integrate and implement best practices and DevOps methodologies in every step of the engineering process.
- Consistently meet deadlines for complex issues and new projects involving multiple teams.
- Build out real-time monitoring, analytics and reporting dashboards
- CI/CD: Jenkins, Ansible, Git, Jira, Selenium, PHPUnit
- Tools: Python, Shell scripting, Nginx, Apache, Linux, AWS Services, AWS CLI and API
- Plus: AWS, Groovy, Kubernetes, Dockers, Serverless, Puppet, Chef, OpenStack
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- 5+ years in a DevOps Engineer position; coming from a Unix/Linux infrastructure background
- Experience with the following technologies for deployment automation and configuration management:
- Experience managing and administering cloud infrastructure; preferably within AWS
- Proficient level experience scripting with Python, PHP or Shell