Information Security Engineer
- Location: Santa Ana, CA
- Job Type: Right to Hire
- Ref No: 21-04925
- Date: September 01, 2021
Job Description - Information Security Engineer
Information Security Engineer
6 to 8 Month Contract to Hire - W2
Remote PST Hours
We are seeking an Information Security Engineer to join the Information Security Engineering team to help protect and drive the security operations program to included but not limited to data security, endpoint security, network security, cloud security and logging and monitoring solutions. The Security Engineer should have technical background, substantial hands-on experience, and passion for information security along with a desire to champion best practices.
This role is responsible for performing all engineering functions required to support day-to-day data security operations, including supporting and maintaining a broad suite of information security infrastructure.This role is required to participate in the planning, design, installation, and maintenance of security systems in support of confidentiality, integrity, and availability.This role is accountable for reviewing security configurations on systems and networking infrastructure components, providing guidance on availability and integrity, and monitoring compliance with regulatory requirements, and security standards.This role is instrumental in the assessment of technology risk and in addressing security issues, coordinating and executing remediation activities alongside technology partners across the organization.
- Follow ITIL practices regarding incident, problem and change.
- Design, document and deploy cyber security systems that will be used across the environment.
- Develop and carry out information security plans and policies.
- Provide design validation and troubleshooting for new technology and major changes within the environment.
- Define, document and enforce standards, processes, procedures, and workflows within the team to better streamline the group.
- Ensure the confidentiality, integrity and availability of the data residing on or transmitted to/from/through the enterprise networks.
- Participate in defining best of class security practices for enterprise networks providing high-volume financial services transactions.
- Participate in maintenance windows where applicable.
- Collaborate with other technology groups and technology architects on product strategy discussions.
- Partner with the fellow Security Operations team members to improve tool usage and workflow in maturation of monitoring and response capabilities.
- On-call resource for Incident Response and operational functions.
- Researches, develops, and keeps abreast of tools, techniques and process improvements in support of cybersecurity threats and countermeasures. Maintain working knowledge of advanced threat detection as the industry evolves.
- Actively engages in the performance of Incident Response activities, including but not limited to, triage, escalation, conducting post-mortem and lessons learned review meetings, as well as remediation tracking.
- Leverage knowledge in multiple security disciplines, such as Windows, UNIX, Linux, data loss prevention (DLP), file integrity monitoring (FIM), endpoint controls, databases, wireless security, data networking and encryption, to offer solutions for a complex heterogeneous environment.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Responsible for reporting risks that are identified to the appropriate team and/or management. Additionally, responsible for managing, monitoring, and reporting risks within the scope of your work area, to include, but not limited to Information Security risks
- Experience in defining Information Security strategy and integrating security technologies into corporate frameworks.
- Hands-on experience with firewalls, IPS/IDS, web filtering, anti-malware and web application firewall (perimeter and web application).
- Experience and knowledge of TCP/OSI Model/IP protocols, network/packet analysis and intrusion detection/prevention.
- Knowledge of Data Loss Prevention (DLP) solutions.
- Knowledge of endpoint security and compliance solutions.
- Knowledge of cloud security controls (Azure, AWS, Oracle) and (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS)
- Experience working with a variety of security-related platforms and services, including: SIEM systems, Threat Intelligence platforms, Security Orchestration, Automation and Response (SOAR) solutions, and other network and system monitoring tools.
- Experience troubleshooting security control related technologies and solutions.
- Experience in product evaluation and managing vendor relationships
- Experience with NIST 800-53, NIST CSF, IS 27001, PCI-DSS and SOC standards. FFIEC, NCUA, GLBA a plus.
- Advanced knowledge of security best practices and procedures.
- Effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to provide support in resolving IT security or related product issues as required.
- Team-oriented and skilled in working within a collaborative environment.
- The ability to interpret technical needs and provide thorough and complete support.
- Demonstrates highly effective verbal/written communication skills with the ability to facilitate meetings, and influence.
- Has an excellent attention to detail, highly analytical and problem-solving mindset. Able to identify process improvement opportunities, separate key issues, consider alternatives or multiple solutions, and effectively make recommendations.
- Experience in managing change in a fast paced, complex environment.
- Knowledge of ITIL best practices.
- Experience with Service Now and Azure DevOps
- OS: UNIX/Linux, Microsoft Windows system internals and configuration management tools