- Location: Reston, VA
- Job Type: Direct Placement
- Ref No: 19-06633
- Date: November 09, 2019
Questions about this job listing?
Contact the recruiter now.
Job Description - ETL Developer
Our client, a leading home builder, is looking to hire an ETL developer to work in their Reston headquarters.
The successful ETL Developer will have the following responsibilities:
The ETL/SQL Developer’s responsibilities are to create, enhance and maintain ETL/data integration processes and programs to support the data warehousing and business intelligence initiatives.
The responsibilities include:
- Perform data analysis and develop source to-target data mapping.
- Implement ETL processes necessary to extract data from various data sources using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
- Unit test mappings and ETL processes.
- Create and maintain documentation of data interface specifications and ETL processes to be available to business and IT teams.
- Deploy and maintain ETL processes in development environment.
- Work with operations team to deploy ETL jobs in production and debug / troubleshoot critical production issues.
- Perform code optimization and performance tuning of existing ETL processes.
- Use sound software engineering principles to ensure that developed ETL code is modifiable, efficient, reliable, understandable, and fault tolerant.
- Support user acceptance test activities and deliverable review for the Data Conversion and Integration solutions.
- Ensure data quality by re-defining ETL process validation, metadata maintenance, data integrity validation process, quality standards, monitoring standard, and audit and reconciliation processes.
- Create new, optimize and troubleshot existing T-SQL Statements
- Create new, optimize, and troubleshoot existing MSSQL Stored Procedures and Functions
- Fundamental understanding of software/systems analysis, design and implementation principles.
- Experience in designing and documenting data conversion and data interface specifications.
- 2 - 3 years of experience in designing, implementing, testing, deploying and maintaining ETL processes using ETL tools and data quality tools.
- Sound knowledge of SQL and RDBMS.
- 2-3 years of experience with SQL Server 2008 and up specifically Management Studio (SSMS), Integration Services (SSIS), Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Problem solving skills, including experience with production systems and support
- Ability to resolve and clarify requests/requirements.
- Proven ability to produce high quality, bug free and highly scalable work.
- Excellent analytical skills, detail and process-oriented.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize work.
- Ability to adapt to changing tools and technologies.
- Strong verbal and writing communication skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure and within a team.
- Capabilities in conceptual analysis, problem solving, and data analysis.
- Experience using TFS.
- Logical & Physical data modeling experience.
- Experience in report development.
- Experience in Autosys and SSIS.
- Knowledge/experience in ETL performance tuning.
- Large volume data loads in data warehouse.
- Experience planning, designing, and building SQL Server databases.