The Facilities Manager oversees multiple functions of building operation, facilities maintenance, and networking primarily for the New York office, but also supporting various U.S. branch offices.
Facilities management/Network support
- Vendor management:
- Manage relationships with contractors and service providers.
- Thoroughly review for accuracy and validity of invoices, approve for payment, and research and resolve any discrepancies.
- Manage account renewals/cancellations (i.e. Webex, ImageRight, TeamViewer, IVCI), including data and telecom circuits.
- Plan and oversee all construction, repair, maintenance, and installation activities related to equipment, facilities, and new office buildouts, including cost estimates and contracts for construction.
- Manages through appropriate building management, vendors, etc. the proper functioning of the office hardware, furniture, lights, HVAC, and other office equipment.
- Manages and maintains an economically value-driven purchase, delivery and payment of office supplies and office equipment for all locations. Supervise the purchasing function so as to ensure economical value.
- Ensure health and safety policies are complied with.
- Manage the security systems for the U.S. office locations, includes managing the vendors, troubleshoot cloud based issues, systems lock-outs, etc.
- Ensure building maintenance provides services as contracted.
- Maintain, repair, deployment and replacement of network printers/scanner and copiers and fax machines.
- Maintain supplies such as toner, fusers and order replacement parts as needed.
- Install/setup of equipment in branch offices as necessary.
Manage AV rooms:
- Coordinate with IVCI and other third-party vendors to maintain, repair and replace AV equipment as needed.
- AV setup, mount TVs, monitors and setup of wireless mice, keyboards, sound bar speakers and other peripherals in a tidy fashion.
- Setup and install Polycom video units in NY and branch offices that do not have integrated AV rooms.
- Circuit management: identify downed circuits, handle billing disputes and service outage escalations.
- Install/mount pre-configured network devices such as wireless endpoints and Wi-Fi routers.
- Install pre-configured network switches, routers, wire management racks cross-connects and jack punch-downs.
- Install and maintain UPS (uninterruptible power supply) unites, replace batteries as needed.
- Install/maintain portable HVAC systems and coordinate with outside HVAC contractors during and after normal business hours as needed.
- EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- 7+ years' experience in a facilities management role.
- 5+ years' experience in network support and administration.
- Bachelor's degree in Facilities Management, Business, Engineering, and/or Computer Science.
- Knowledge of IT and engineering concepts, including electrical, plumbing, and mechanical systems.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Hands on past experience in common facilities administration and maintenance activities