Full Stack Developer - Intermediate
- Location: Jersey City, NY
- Job Type: Right to Hire
- Ref No: 21-01006
- Date: February 25, 2021
Job Description - Full Stack Developer - Intermediate
ICS is working with a Fortune 500, industry leading financial institution in Jersey City, NJ, who is looking for a Java Software Engineer. Can you picture yourself working for one of America's Ideal Employers? Our client has received numerous awards and accolades due in part to their commitment to diversity, veterans, and fostering innovation. They've been named one of Fortune Magazine's -World's Most Admired Companies- of 2018 and are included in the -Top 50 Most Innovative Companies- named by Boston Consulting Group. With on-site training and mentoring, they are committed to your professional development as well.
- Developing using core Java, J2EE, REST, Spring Framework, ORM Hibernate and RDBMS based technologies for the Discretionary Investments groups
- Design, analyze, develop, unit testing (TDD) and regression automation (BDD) to deliver product backlog for large and complex projects.
- Adopting and practicing Agile methodologies including, but not limited to, story grooming, sprint planning, complexity analysis, standup calls, and sprint retrospectives.
- Adhere to firm-wide architecture standards, risk management and security policies.
- Team player and ability to work in Global Team setup, product owners and business team to develop, build & support application.
- Communicate and collaborate on development items with global team, as well as raise/work to resolve issues impacting development.
- Post Production application support
- Participate in quality assurance, peer reviews and code reviews
- Minimum 3 years of hands-on experience with Java, J2EE and related technologies and software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Proven ability to work with a project team to develop a strategy, technical solution, and ultimately to implement high quality technical solutions
- Strong Java/J2EE design and programming skills
- Working knowledge of Tomcat/Apache application servers
- Hands-on experience with Spring and Hibernate frameworks
- Development experience with XML and RESTful & SOAP web services
- Knowledge of standard build and deployment tools such as Eclipse, Maven, Git/Stash, Ant, and Jira
- Experience with database development and design including experience with Oracle and/or Sybase
- Demonstrated experience with OO design patterns/frameworks, including application integration frameworks
- Ability to balance application development and application support needs
- Good communication skills (verbal and written) with the ability to communicate complex issues to technical and non-technical audiences that include peers, product owners, and other stakeholders
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Preferably Financial Services Domain knowledge - Equity/Fixed Income Product Knowledge, Securities Trade and Position Management, Reconciliation knowledge
Desirable Additional Qualifications:
- Experience in Spring Boot, Spring Cloud, Hadoop or any other Cloud technologies
- Working knowledge of RDBMS (Sybase and Oracle), Java, Spring boot, Web services (REST)
- Batch job development and support using scheduling tool Autosys or Control-M
- Testing frameworks like Jasmine, Karma, Protractor etc.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to clearly articulate to all project members and stakeholders
- Must be a team player who works well with technical and non-technical resources
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills