Full Stack Developer
- Location: Plano, TX
- Job Type: Contract
- Ref No: 20-03981
- Date: September 29, 2020
Job Description - Full Stack Developer
FULL STACK DEVELOPER
6+ MONTH CONTRACT; POTENTIAL TO EXTEND OR CONVERT
ICS is looking for Senior Full Stack Developers, with experience with Java 8, React and CSS, to join our growing financial software client’s team in Plano, TX! You will work on building new services which will be shared across millions of clients globally!
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Work closely with product and development teams to create an amazing user experience.
- Build integration and unit tests along with code.
- Work in agile development environment with short sprints and standups. Implement proof of concept, prototypes and production-grade software.
- Maintain and support existing software and hardware systems, infrastructure and production.
- Assist support staff and team members in trouble-shooting software issues and implementing bug fixes.
- Takes ownership of the code base.
- Work to continually improve code quality, and get bugs fixed and deployed rapidly
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- 3-5+ years of experience developing systems/software for large business environments (Java, J2EE, REST APIs)
- 5+ years of experience designing complex distributed systems, management products or business applications
- Solid design and coding skills (Java, Spring Boot, XML, REST, JSON)
- Strong OOD and SOA principles, with ability to implement them in a language of choice (prefer Java)
- Strong experience leading design and implementation of robust and highly scalable web services ” Strong knowledge of Spring Boot, Jenkins preferred
- Experience with SCRUM, Agile and iterative approaches a plus
- Able to operate at highly varying levels of abstraction from business strategy to product strategy to high level technical design to detailed technical design to implementation
- Synthesize achievable solutions from diverse inputs, alternative sources (build / buy / partner) and complex data
- Strong database skills and CQL skills is a plus ” Experience with Cassandra and Kafka/ActiveMQ a plus
- Expertise in Kubernetes and AWS skills is preferableExperience in or knowledge of Python, Celery, Go, Elasticsearch, PostgreSQL, SaltStack, Flask, Git, React, Elixir.
- Deep understanding and knowledge of virtualization (libvirt, KVM, Xenserver).
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong programming skills including software engineering methodologies and best practices.
- REST/API development.
- Strong experience with Python or other scripting languages.
- Experience working in a Linux development environment.
- Experience in consuming RESTful APIs.