Lead Full Stack Engineer
The Engineer Full Stack leads development teams in designing, testing, and implementing responsive web applications. In addition to leading and delegating work to other developers, the lead engineer will be responsible for standardization of documentation, code reviews, promoting industry standard best practices, performing detailed estimates and completing finalized solution designs/diagrams. The Lead Engineer role requires excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate complex technology related terminology and capabilities to business and non-technical professionals. The Lead Full Stack Engineer will maintain innovative, scalable solutions that provide value to the business initiatives.
- Develop, design, code, debug and document high traffic web applications and services running from cloud platforms.
- Provide technical leadership around the delivery of component designs and development.
- Evaluate new technologies and determine viability per solution.
- Analyze requirements and solution architecture and provide task specific estimates.
- Mentor junior engineers with regards to coding practices and design decisions.
- Participate in code reviews to ensure high quality and consistent coding practices.
- Lead scrum teams in agile methodology, sprint planning, backlog grooming.
- Break down architecture solutions into tasks for team members.
- Collaborate closely with other IT teams globally from Product Management, Architecture, DevOps, QA, Infrastructure.
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related
- Five (5) years of software engineering experience, building responsive web applications and APIs.
- Five (5) years of professional full stack development using NodeJs, Java, Angular.
- Three (3) years of experience in agile practices in Scrum teams.
- Experience with CI/CD pipeline and tools like Jenkins, Sonarqube.
- Experience with developing software applications in at least one of the major Cloud platforms – Azure, GCP or AWS.
- Available for moderate overnight travel (up to 15%)
- In possession of valid travel documents and the ability to travel in and out of the United States
- Able to work flexible hours and be available for emergency response on short notice
- Able to pass a ten (10) year background check and pre-employment drug test
- Legally eligible to work in the country in which the position is located
Preferred Experience and Qualifications
- Three (5) years of experience leading/mentoring team of software engineers. Experience with high traffic, consumer facing websites.
- Experience with Magnolia Content Management Systems (CMS) and Fastly Content Delivery Networks (CDN).
- Knowledge of Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
- Knowledge of modern software architecture, microservices, micro-frontends, serverless applications and frameworks.
- Keen interest in application security and knowledge of security best practices.
- Knowledge of DevOps practices.
- Experience with Yarn, Gradle, WebPack, CSS.
Azure certifications (Developer associate or Solutions Architect)