|Software Developer III|
6+ Month Contract to Hire
San Diego, CA
You'll be part of a team developing highly available, scalable, and secure Authorization services using the latest technologies including cloud ready architecture, identity protocols and fraud prevention. Our UI and services are critical and used by millions of customers using various products. We adopted agile processes to move fast. We consider our people as the most important asset – we take the growth of our engineers seriously.
The ideal candidate is an engineer who is familiar with each layer of enterprise software with a focus on backend services engineering. The engineer should have genuine interest in all thing's software and a deep understanding of software engineering principles and patterns. The engineer will be directly responsible for design, development, testing, maintenance, and documentation of high-quality software components.
- 6+ years of experience designing and developing world class, consumer-facing web services and web applications.
- 1+ years of experience with REST or GraphQL and expertise with Spring or related frameworks for creating web services.
- 1+ years of experience with running enterprise scaled services running on distributed cloud computing environments.
- Experience with Java/J2EE or related programming language.
- Experience with the entire Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Excellent communication skills: Demonstrated ability to explain complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Strong leadership experience: Leading meetings, presenting, technical go to person, and cross-functional leader.
- Experience in the Software design/architecture process.
- Experience with unit testing & Test-Driven Development (TDD)
- Experience with Agile Development, SCRUM, or Extreme Programming methodologies
- Strong educational background with BS/MS in computer science or equivalent work experience.
- Apply Domain Driven Design principles to architect backend services, which aligns well with the product and ecosystem.
- Develop well-architected web services, applications, prototypes, or proofs of concepts with 80% hands on coding.
- Participate and lead efforts to automate and streamline the CICD process and keep evolving and improve capabilities around quality and operation excellence.
- Hands-on with troubleshooting and root-cause analysis of incidents in both PROD and pre-PROD.
- Work cross-functionally with various teams including: product management, QA/QE, various product lines, and/or business units to drive forward results
- Participate in the gathering of functional requirements, developing technical specifications, and project & test planning
- Working with the technical subject matter experts and mentoring fellow engineers, demonstrating technical expertise, and participating in a small team solving challenging programming and design problems.