Currently seeking a help desk technician who’s primary responsibility is to provide exceptional customer support while providing technical support by phone, email, and onsite for our customers.
What you need for success:
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to solve complex technical problems.
- Ability to work individually as well as part of a team.
- A passion for learning technology.
- Ability to provide necessary written documentation and knowledge transfer to customers during and after project implementations.
- The ability to travel up to 25% (usually in Texas).
Experience with the following required:
- PC hardware repair on desktops and laptops
- Windows OS installation, reloading, and data migrations
- Basic routers, switches, wireless and security technologies
- Basic Windows Server administration for end-user needs (AD, DNS, DHCP)
- Familiar with Windows Server operating systems (2008 R2+)
- Basic Networking (TCP/IP, SSH, DHCP)
Optional but recommended:
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field (or working towards one). Equivalent working experience will be considered as well.
- A minimum of one year in a help desk or desktop support environment.
- Entry level Microsoft certifications are preferred.
- Entry level Cisco certifications are preferred.