Our group provides the delivery of externally connected business partner services across multiple business lines. These services include Market Data, direct exchange, sources of liquidity, dark pools, client connectivity, service bureaus, extranets, as well as others. These teams interface with the various business technology groups to interpret requirements, research, propose and provision (Plan – Build) connectivity solutions. The role is a North America position with interaction with colleagues in alternate global sites.
- Interface with AD and Technology resources to gather and interpret service access requirements.
- Research and identify connectivity solutions to meet business requirements.
- Work with central technology teams (network engineering, firewall engineering, carrier services, transport engineering and others) as well as external service providers to drive the delivery of connectivity solutions supporting the business requirements.
- Interface with our external service providers to maintain current capabilities awareness as well as to influence product enhancements and affect efficiencies.
- Direct the infrastructure recoveries for the install base, liaise with Admin/Control and Finance in support of this function.
- Point of escalation - providing technical support for the wide range of Market Data products and ECN & Datafeed connectivity (unicast and multicast).
- Interact with capacity management team to ensure appropriate infrastructures are in place to support required headroom. Drive efforts to upgrade infrastructures to maintain standards.
- Engage with sourcing team to drive contract/exhibit execution.
- Plan and Build responsibilities for connectivity solutions supporting the Investment Bank.
- Work with internal and external service providers to deliver connectivity solutions.
- Maintain installation base and ensure solutions are leveraged to drive efficiency.
- Clear communication skills supporting the transition to operate of new/upgraded connectivity solutions.
- Conduct industry research to identify strategic solutions to improve performance, capacity, resiliency and efficiency of the connectivity space.
Essential and Desirable Skills
- Excellent knowledge of the financial services community with in depth knowledge of exchange connectivity, direct exchange feeds and ECN services.
- Strong working knowledge of internetworking in a must. Understanding the functions of routers, switches, load balancers and firewall technology is required.
- Experience with connectivity technologies such as point to point leased lines, extranet services, cross connect solutions, co-Location.
- Flexibility to support evening/weekend installations/changes.
- Strong understanding of IP protocols inclusive of TCP, UDP and multicast.
- Effective communicator with good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to drive/coordinate the plan and build phases of new/upgraded connectivity solutions.
- Ability to partner effectively with our operations team as an escalation point during troubleshooting events.
- Documentation skills with the use of SharePoint, Excel, Visio, WIKI, as well as other suites for the purpose of inventory and support documentation.
- Individual must be a self starter, team player who is customer focused and can deliver under pressure.
- Previous work experience supporting connectivity in the financial services industry.
- Light project management skills are required for the coordination of infrastructure changes.
- Understanding of exchange content access requirements and responsibilities.
- Ability to negotiate with external vendors is a plus.