IT Help Desk Engineer
- Location: Cedar Rapids, IA
- Job Type: Right to Hire
- Ref No: 20-03904
- Date: September 24, 2020
Job Description - IT Help Desk Engineer
IT HELP DESK ENGINEER
Cedar Rapids, IA
We are hiring an IT Help DeskTechnician who will provide remote Tier I & Tier II technical support to users spread across the country. The IT Help Desk Technician must have excellent customer skills and a passion for problem solving.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Respond to incoming help desk inquiries promptly, politely and professionally
- Quickly prioritizing and responding to all client calls and emails, identifying problems and providing expedient technical assistance for all computer related issues, including service workstations and other equipment for users through remote support techniques.
- Diagnose and resolve technical hardware and software issues to user’s satisfaction
- Research users questions using available information resources and advise user on appropriate action
- Installs new hardware and software for customers utilizing remote management tools.
- Follow standard help desk procedures like logging all help desk interactions
- Redirect problems to appropriate resources
- Identify and escalate situations requiring urgent attention
- Track and route problems and requests and document resolutions
- Troubleshoot Hand Held Scanner issues
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills
- Influencing a positive work environment that fosters team performance through own work and behavior.
- Assist in hardware rollouts
- Arrive to work punctually when shift starts and login to be online during working hours.
- 3+ years of related technical helpdesk and customer service experience, including the following:
- Password Resets
- Active Directory profile creation
- Network Connectivity
- Installation and support of applications
- Installation and support of printers
- A+, MCP, and / or MCSE Certifications preferred
- Associates degree and/or Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Experience with repairing/working with hand held scanners is a plus.
- Experience with AS400 is a plus
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs as needed
- Strong analytical abilities are required to interact with customers to evaluate work and provide technical assistance.
- Good interpersonal skills are required to interact with customers and clients and provide technical assistance to resolve problems.
- Good organizational skills are required to communicate effectively.