IT Support Engineer
- Location: New York, NY
- Job Type: Contract
- Ref No: 20-03229
- Date: July 28, 2020
Job Description - IT Support Engineer
Our client is a growing Health and Wellness company. If you want to be part of a fast growing company with a start up feel to it, you will want to join our client.
Our client is looking to hire an IT Support Engineer
What You'll Like About Us
- We work on problems that affect the lives of real people. Our users depend on us to make positive changes to their health and their lives.
- We base our work on scientifically proven, peer-reviewed methodologies that are designed by medical professionals.
- We offer a respectful, diverse, and dynamic environment where you'll be able to work on a variety of interesting problems that affect the lives of real people.
Responsibilities: IT Support Engineer
- Serve as the first point of contact for employees seeking technical assistance in person or remotely
- Maintain meeting room hardware for conference calls and video conferencing; Assist users with using Zoom for conferencing
- Record troubleshooting steps and resolutions within ticketing system, follow up and update users on status and provide information
- Monitor and maintain computer systems
- Setting up and onboarding new hires
- Maintain computer inventory
- Manage user accounts across various platforms
- Test and implement new technology
What We're Looking For:
- 1-3 years' experience providing mid-size company (500~ employees) with both onsite and remote technical support
- Excellent knowledge of GSuite administration
- Excellent knowledge of Slack administration
- High proficiency with supporting both MacOS and Microsoft Windows
- Well versed in setting up and maintaining a fleet of macOS, Windows OS, iOS, and Android devices
- Expertise setting up and maintaining A/V spaces and meeting room hardware (e.g.: Zoom Rooms, Google Meet) for both small, mid-sized meeting spaces.
- Proven ability to provide and catalogue hardware at scale, including establishing a fast repair program
- Excellent communication skills; capable to explain complex technical concepts to a Client audience
- Results oriented; user-focused mindset
- Naturally positive attitude, with the ability to maintain patience and composure under pressure
- Ability to thrive in a results-driven, fast paced environment; Strong attention to detail
- Team player: enjoys learning new concepts and collaborating with the team
- Strong sense of responsibility and ownership: you will have come from an environment in which people are responsible for their own work, be ready to anticipate challenges and address them before they become problems, and eager to continuously improve the technology used by all users everywhere.