- Location: New York, NY
- Job Type: Direct Placement
- Ref No: 20-02725
- Date: June 11, 2020
Job Description - Java Developer
New York, NY
The developer will work directly on projects that improve the experience, efficiency and profitability of the Firm’s investment team. A successful candidate will work collaboratively with others in the Software Development Group to realize the full lifecycle of system development projects, from requirements gathering through white-boarding, application design, system design, data modeling, coding, delivery, support and enhancements. He or she will also be expected to interact with the investment team to understand requirements and deliver improved analytics and automation.
- Extensive, hands-on Java exerience required. Experience using Java 8 with Spring Framework is also a requirment
- Good intuition for quantitative analysis, supported by practical experience and/or educational background
- Understanding of software development concepts such as source code control, unit/integration testing, continuous integration, etc.
- Practical understanding of design patterns and a good intuition for system design
- Proven organizational, mathematical, analytical, and problem solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Familiarity with Java 8, Spring Framework, HTML, XML, enterprise SOA patterns
- Previous work on projects involving Swing or other Java-based UI toolkit
- Experience working with large data sets and complex SQL queries
- Diverse knowledge of financial products
- A Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or other related discipline