- Location: Columbus, OH
- Job Type: Right to Hire
- Ref No: 21-02742
- Date: May 12, 2021
Job Description - Java Developer
ICS is seeking a talented Java Developer for one of our clients in Columbus, OH. As a member of our Software Engineering Group you will dive head-first into creating innovative solutions that advance businesses and careers. You’ll join an inspiring and curious team of technologists dedicated to improving the design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming that goes into creating high quality software and new products. You’ll be tasked with keeping the team and other key stakeholders up to speed on the progress of what’s being developed. Coming in with an understanding of the importance of end-to-end software development-such as Agile frameworks-is key. And best of all, you’ll be working with and sharing ideas, information and innovation with our global team of technologists from all over the world.
The role will include the following major functions/responsibilities:
- Collaborate with business partners. Focus on delivering results, prioritizing needs while dealing with ambiguity
- Design, implement, test and maintain major server-side components and UI including data model, data access objects, and application logic.
- Perform production support activities and resolve production issues including L1/L2 issues
- Participate in code reviews and ensure that all solutions are aligned to architectural specifications
- Ensure quality and completeness of the product through unit testing, documentation and maintenance as appropriate.
- 8+ years of hands-on software development experience
- Java 8 development experience preferably using the IntelliJ IDE / Eclipse IDE
- Cloud development experience with Cloud Foundry / AWS Cloud or other cloud platforms
- Indepth understanding of design patterns and ability to implement robust design solution
- Experience using Tomcat, WebSphere or a similar Enterprise Application Server
- Knowledge of the Spring Framework 4.0 and above.
- Knowledge of the Spring Boot Framework 1.5 and above.
- Knowledge of the REST & SOAP Web Services
- Knowledge of JPA and Hibernate ORM framework.
- Knowledge of Web UI development.
- Understanding of XML based messages and schema
- RDBMS experience – develop complex SQL queries
- Java Messaging Service (JMS)
- Good understanding of Java concurrency
- Experience with Maven 3.x
- Skills for technical analysis & design of business solutions
Desirable Skills (but not essential):
- Microservices / Cloud Native architecture understanding
- Angular / React UI experience
- Mule ESB / Spring Integration / Spring Cloud Data Flow understanding
- Understands DevOps and worked in a DevOps role
- UI testing tool/framework experience with Selenium / Karma / Jasmine / QTP
- Experience with Sybase / distributed database
- GIT/Stash & Branching strategies
- CI/CD understanding preferably with Jenkins pipelines
- Experience in Agile Scrum Methodology for Software development
- Experience in TDD/BDD practices (The application uses Cucumber, but even exposure to tools like FitNesse/Concordion would help)
- Solid UNIX skills
- BS, MS in Computer Science or related quantitative field.
- Possess good verbal, written, interpersonal, organizational and time management skills
- Possess analytical and critical thinking skills
- Self-motivation, good communication skills and team player.
- Fluency in programming skills