Lead BI AnalystJob Summary:
The ERP Lead BI Analyst is responsible the defining, designing, testing and implementing the data warehouse, dashboard, reporting environment for the AX ERP System. This position should work in collaboration with business leaders to establish thorough knowledge of detailed business reporting and data analysis requirement of each functional area including Finance, Manufacturing, Service, Procurement, Sales and Customer Service in the new AX EPR environment as well as integrating historical legacy information for multi period reporting. This position should work in collaboration with ERP AX Solution Architects to ensure enterprise scale architecture, solution design and security. This position will engage and communicate with multiple levels of business stakeholders (C level executives, Operating leaders) and IT related stakeholders (off-shore employees, third-party and technology teams). Must have strong hands on experience with Microsoft tools, Dynamics AX Platforms and other ERP databases.
- Bachelors or Master's Degree in Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent.
- 10+ Years of demonstrated experience providing BI solutions especially with AX 2012 in manufacturing sector; including estimating, design, implementation, etc.
- 10+ years of functional business knowledge across multiple business functions.
- 5+ years of experience working with SSAS, SSRS, SSIS, Cube processing, Data warehousing, data modeling, Power BI.
- Expertise knowledge of Microsoft SQL server, Office tools like Excel
- Working knowledge of Dynamics AX 2012 is essential.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work with cross functional teams
- Working collaboration with business leaders to analyze needs, define and recommend the appropriate BI solution or alternatives to meet business reporting and data analysis requirements.
- Working collaboration with ERP Business Process Leaders and other team members to understand and align reporting requirements with how AX is being functionally used.
- Design, test and implement agreed upon solutions ranging from data warehouse, cube development, reporting or dashboards, leveraging assigned technical resources(internal and external) to deliver solutions. Conduct quality assurance processof deliverables.
- Ensure designs include automated balanced controls between AX Source System and Cube /Warehouse environment
- Ensure designs include the appropriate security design incorporating and aligning to security profiles as defined in the AX environment.
- Provide production support analysis and remediation for BI solutions implemented.
- Participates in work stream planning process to ensure BI activities from inception, technical design, development, testing and delivery of BI solutions are effectively incorporated.
- Strong business acumen with technical background
- Strong customer service orientation
- Strong collaboration and teamwork
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a strong customer focus
- Highly motivated and self-directed
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to engage and build strong relationships with business and IT leaders, project team members and users
- Excellent multi-tasking skills with capability to adapt to rapidly changing environments.
- Results oriented