Lead Technical Business Analyst
- Location: New York, NY
- Job Type: Direct Placement
- Ref No: 21-03315
- Date: June 10, 2021
Job Description - Lead Technical Business Analyst
You will be leading multiple projects from application implementation to coordinating infrastructure. You will be wearing a dual hat in terms of managing developer and project leads while maintaining business vision for the business expansion. While you will be managing multiple tasks/projects and working with your colleagues, you will also be able to work independently on technical solutions and research for specific business needs. The Tech BA position will be the business solution provider using IT as a tool - it is required for the individual in this role to understand both Business and Technology to find the appropriate solution. The Tech BA will be the bridge between business and technology for each respective solution.
Reporting to the Tech Lead, this position entails leading and supporting solutions for sales, trading, clearing and vendor platform initiatives within ITG. You will be expected to lead and manage multiple developer leads, while also working with project BA leads to ensure successful delivery of technical initiatives across the firm. Aside from these tasks, you will also be responsible for interacting with the business on a daily basis and providing support activities and communication with senior management. You should also expect to participate and lead initiatives to understand various business areas and utilize technical knowledge and expertise to apply technical solutions and efficiencies to each business domain.
- Lead large-scale application design, development, and implementation of securities platforms and systems.
- Communicate with front office trading desks, Operations, and Finance to gather requirements and to synthesize technology solutions to meet business objectives.
- Work with project managers, business analysts, developers, users, and infra teams across multiple project initiatives, application maintenance, and business enhancements.
- Provide architectural and design recommendation for projects and applications.
- Lead business optimization initiatives for various business area workstreams as well as automation solutions and change management.
- Maintain release management schedules with all code review changes across all projects within ITG.
- Provide detailed analysis of business requirements and provide direction for developer team of technical solution.
- Relay design/solution requests with PM/BA team in order to effectively streamline.
- Maintain and manage support of production components and look to automate redundant workflows.
- Effectively communicate with project team and vendor to resolve technical issues.
- Excellent documentation skills (BRD/FRD)
- Understanding Agile development process
- Understanding of Object Oriented Programming fundamentals using Java, C#, and Python.
- Strong understanding of broker/dealer/investment banking products (equities, fixed income, other products) and operational knowledge.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, as well as verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to lead and manage multiple project initiatives, while providing expertise in other areas when required.
- Excellent understanding of SQL fundamentals (joins, performance tuning etc.).
- Excellent understanding of finance and how technology applies to industry is a plus.