MANAGER, EMBEDDED CYBER ENGINEERING
DALLAS/FORT WORTH, TX AREA
ICS is working with their client in the Defense industry to hire a Manager, Embedded Cyber Engineering to join their team in the Dallas/Fort Worth, TX area. This person will be responsible for executing design and requirements analysis, systems development, modeling and simulation, systems engineering and analysis, and systems test and evaluation directly related to Cyber Security. This individual leads a team of engineers to perform Embedded Software Cyber Engineering as part of product development teams. This position is expected to provide guidance and management of a team, functioning as the lead and top Subject Matter Expert in this area. As manager, this position will be responsible for the administration of the group including all personnel management activities.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Manage growing team of Cyber Engineers to meet the needs of our programs. Identifies resources needed (e.g. staffing, training, equipment, facilities and monetary resources), both internal and external, for accomplishing assigned work.
- Connect cyber security goals and objectives with a technical solution, using the Risk Management Framework and appropriate tools. Evaluate cyber security risk in the context of technical feasibility.
- Work with product development teams to help architect our systems to meet Cyber requirements as well as product functional and performance requirements. Participate in design trades to help the team arrive at the best overall solution.
- Develop research and development suggestions based on requirements, market trends, products, and evolving customer needs.
- Support business development and marketing activities, including white papers, proposal support, and customer meetings
- Regularly interact with the technical staff and customers
- Advise on technical architecture design, component selection, and detailed implementation planning
- Develop cyber security technology solutions for programs
- Contribute to the development of organization's goals and objectives
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- An advanced degree in Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, System Engineering or related technical field and 10 years of related experience.
- Previous systems and cyber experience is required with a minimum of 10 years of experience in the cyber security, embedded systems and/or related IT field.
- Relevant embedded software product development experience
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Hands-on experience with the following activities desired: penetration testing, incident response/forensics, software development, network security design/implementation, SIEM design/implementation, hardware security, vulnerability management or static/dynamic code analysis.
- CISSP or equivalent certification
- Familiarity with NIST Risk Management Framework and Cyber Maturity Model Certification standards, regulations, and control frameworks. Experience with Experience with Trusted Platform Modules, Multiple Independent Layers of Security, and Cross Domain Solutions implementation a plus.
- Expert understanding of common network protocols (e.g., TCP/IP, Ethernet, routing/switching protocols) and common exploits (e.g. buffer overflows, SQL injection)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- PMP certification preferred
- Earned Value Management experience strongly preferred
- Ability to execute in a methodical manner to gather, document, and develop solutions to specific customer requirements
- A passion for cybersecurity engineering and willingness to constantly learn more
- Dedicated to continued professional development
- Ability to manage multiple project tasks in parallel
- The candidate must have very good technical, communication (verbal and written) and time management skills as well as the ability to visualize/execute projects are essential
- Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members
- Fosters an environment where employees are valued and cost effectiveness and efficiency is rewarded
- Clearly explains project assignments, expectations, priorities, and follows up to ensure they are met
- Effective communication skills to work across functional and business unit teams to listen, understand, negotiate and explain as necessary to foster collaborative and positive outcomes.
- Agile and open to change, embracing it to deal with unpredictable or unexpected events