Brief Description: The Junior Network Administrator will monitor, troubleshoot and maintain voice and data network (LAN, WAN, wireless and VoIP) devices such as phones, PBXs, switches and routers. The analyst will modify and leverage remote monitoring tools implement changes to ensure highly available and resilient services supporting Voice and Data Networks. Duties will primarily focus on maintaining the corporate voice networks but will provide opportunity to learn and support data networking as well.
Description of Responsibilities:
- Establish and maintain data and voice networks by troubleshooting and repairing outages; testing network back-up procedures; performing preventive maintenance and updating documentation
- Execute implementation plans and support multiple voice and data networks including SIP Trunks, VOIP configurations, Local Area, Wide Area and Wireless Networks, including development of configurations based upon overall strategy and design document.
- Responsible for assisting, coordinating and performing the company's telecommunications work which includes new set up, moves, additions, and changes
- Support the implementation of routing protocols, including EIGRP, OSPF, and BGP.
- Develop plans to implement changes and present to appropriate teams for approval.
- Configure and assist with implementation of network hardware, including routers, switches, VoIP equipment, WLAN equipment, security appliances, etc.
- Assist with troubleshooting and support of server and desktop related projects or incidents
- Perform other duties as required
Requirements and Preferences:
- College degree not required, but preferred, experience in lieu of degree is acceptable
- 3+ year experience in implementation and troubleshooting complex networks – involving many nodes of various types (routers, firewalls, switches, etc), specifically Meraki
- 1-2 years of experience in Enterprise Telecommunications Infrastructure including VoIP systems, Cloud-based technologies, PBX (Nortel and others) phone switches, Call Center Management, IVR systems, Call Routing and reporting software
- Demonstrated working knowledge of Windows and Linux servers
- CCNP or CCNA Preferred
- Off-hours work will be required to resolve problems and implement changes
- Must have willingness and reliable transportation to travel to and from customer sites (able to expense mileage and commute) as required.
- Demonstrates ability and desire to learn Corporate, Division, and Facility-specific applications, technology, and terminology and work in a multi-office environment.