Network Operations Manager - REMOTE
- Location: REMOTE, TX
- Job Type: Direct Placement
- Ref No: 21-05029
- Date: September 08, 2021
Job Description - Network Operations Manager - REMOTE
Network Operation Manager
The NOC Manager holds a vital role in leading a team of Network Operations Center (NOC) professionals in managing our clients transport network. The NOC Manager is responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the 24x7x365 NOC team. This position will support operations by assisting with system and process improvements, change implementation, and training / mentoring of subordinates.
Success in this role is highly reliant on the ability to effectively prioritize and manage multiple tasks, lead and develop NOC team, collaborate with internal partners, and effectively communicate NOC activities to external stakeholders. It is also imperative that individuals in this role have the ability to adapt to rapidly changing environments and networks, learn new technologies, process information quickly, and have the ability to work both independently and in a team environment. This is a remote position and may require occasional travel for on-site meetings at the corporate office in Alpharetta, GA.
Essential Job Functions
- Manage and mentor a 24x7x365 NOC support team in daily operations by effectively communicating expectations and goals and driving accountability; planning, monitoring, and appraising results.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs.
- Develop policies and procedures to enhance workflow efficiencies and ensure SLA compliance.
- Measure and monitor the effectiveness of systems, processes, and policies to ensure consistent value delivery and recommend changes to improve NOC performance.
- Ensure a positive customer experience is at the forefront of all decisions and recognize ways to improve that experience.
- Generate and process trouble tickets for technical support and drive to resolution.
- Manage ticket escalations and coordinate support from different organizations.
- Identify alarms, perform diagnostics, troubleshooting, and dispatch, as required, to the appropriate Carriers or the companies field service technician.
- Respond to internal and external customer escalations.
- Perform duties in a high pressure, face-paced environment.
- Create reports for the companies management and customers.
- Host / attend internal and external performance review calls as requested.
- Provide leadership and direction with peers and subordinates
- Bachelor's Degree in Telecommunications, Engineering, a related field or the equivalent in training and experience.
- Five years of work experience with communications networks or the equivalent in training and experience.
- Three years management experience with proven leadership abilities.
- Customer solutions oriented, with exceptional verbal and written skills.
- Operations focused with customer support background.
- Flexibility in work schedule as this position will require occasional escalation to the management team during after hours network events.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills and methodologies.
- Experienced in analyzing issues, distilling and communicating their relevant aspects.
- Ability to identify risks/issues and develop recommendations for resolution.
- Communicate complex technical issues to multiple levels of non-technical personnel
- Strong technical background in Fiber Networks, Optical Networking, and Ethernet based solutions.
- Attention to detail with good organizational capabilities.
- Ability to prioritize with good time management skills.
- Must be able to sit, stand, walk, stoop, kneel and reach
- Must be able to speak, write, read and understand English
- Must have visual acuity