SCOPE OF POSITION:
The Network Manager directs and coordinates network and computerized management information systems and staff to provide broad and diverse services to the global enterprise. Services are generally categorized as LAN, WAN, Voice, Internet, Contact Center and Video. All applications, business functions and other IT services and systems rely upon the Network Manager to deliver for our external customers, internal customers and Field. The network is the foundation to all design, development, implementation, support, and revenue production for the Company and all its' businesses.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions, including but not necessarily limited to the following:
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Performs analysis of network needs and contributes to design of network architecture, integration and installation.
• Maintains network hardware and software, including servers, peripherals, switches, routers, and wiring.
• Coordinates with other departments in order to understand and meet their requirements.
• Evaluates network hardware and software requirements and capabilities and makes recommendations.
• Checks systems in order to optimize performance and to initiate recovery action after system failures.
• Establishes budgetary requirements for equipment replacement.
• Establishes and controls systems access and security.
• Provides support to and trains users in local area network administration and usage.
• Monitors and maintains network stability, collects and analyzes network and memory utilization, and installs and tests software upgrades.
• Coordinates third-party maintenance for network hardware, software and telecommunications services.
KNOWLEDGE/ SKILLS/ EXPERIENCE/ EDUCATION: (Minimum Education and/or Experience required)
•10+ years network services experience
•5+ years experience managing global projects
•5+ years experience in a large corporation supporting multiple lines of business with global presence
•5+ years experience developing multi-year road maps and strategies
•2+ years experience managing global technical operational resources
•2+ years experience managing global business and vendor relationships
•2+ years experience developing, leading and completing large scale Infrastructure/Data Center related projects from establishment of business requirements through deliverables
•Experience managing technology and outsource vendor relationships in a global environment
•Current industry certifications (CCNA, CISSP, CCIE, ITIL)
•Experience with Cisco IP Phones, Call Manager, Unity, Routers & Switches
|IT Risk Analyst|