- Location: Chicago, IL
- Job Type: Direct Placement
- Ref No: 21-05157
- Date: September 14, 2021
Job Description - NOC Analyst
As a member of the NOC, the Enterprise Operations Analyst is part of a team who are responsible for providing 24 x 7 365 infrastructure and applications management, support and monitoring of IT systems. Using IT Operations monitoring and management tools, the analyst will provide technical troubleshooting, oversight, and escalation for complex network, server, and storage incidents. Enterprise Operations Analysts will support Enterprise Applications, Architecture and Infrastructure with hardware break/fix, vendor interaction, maintenance, and system updates. The Enterprise Operations Analyst will serve as the Incident Manager for major incidents that require coordination of communications, tracking of issues and escalation to management.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor the performance and health of the Firm's infrastructure using a variety of tools to identify and determine next steps.
- Provide triage or basic troubleshooting to help identify issues by following outlined (SOP) standard operating procedures and escalate appropriately.
- Document all actions in accordance with standard company policies and procedures
- Maintain ongoing communication during major incidents to keep all stakeholders aware of relevant information and next steps.
- Perform basic systems testing and operational tasks (installation of patches, network connectivity testing, script execution, etc.)
- Work with internal and external technical and service teams to create and/or update knowledge base articles
- Meet daily and monthly performance standards, including MTTR, abandon rates, incident response time, etc. from ServiceNow
- Complete and distribute complete transition report to management and incoming shift on a daily basis
- Develop and implement changes to processes to ensure continuous process improvement and effective governance.
- May occasionally need to lift, carry or move equipment up to 25 pounds
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Knowledge of ITIL Foundations
- Knowledge of common information architecture frameworks
- Excellent troubleshooting, reporting monitoring skills
- Flexibility to work off hours on a 24 x7 365 team
- B. A. /B. S.
- 1 year of relevant work experience
- NOC/Command Center and/or IT Operations experience
- ITIL Foundations certification
- Configuring and troubleshooting Client servers
- Configuring and troubleshooting VMware/VSphere
- Configuring and using Client Systems Insight Manager
- Support and use of monitoring systems (SolarWinds, SCOM, Pingdom, Hostmonitor)
- Storage monitoring and administration experience
- Experience with Windows Server scripting tasks (batch, VBscript, Powershell)
- Microsoft System Center Suite experience
- Configuring and troubleshooting Cisco products