Operations Business Analyst
- Location: Newark, DE
- Job Type: Right to Hire
- Ref No: 20-02989
- Date: July 03, 2020
Job Description - Operations Business Analyst
ICS is working with a Fortune 500, industry leading financial institution in Newark, DE who is looking for a Business Analyst. Can you picture yourself working for one of America's Ideal Employers? Our client has received numerous awards and accolades due in part to their commitment to diversity, veterans, and fostering innovation. They've been named one of Fortune Magazine's -World's Most Admired Companies- of 2018 and are included in the -Top 50 Most Innovative Companies- named by Boston Consulting Group. With on-site training and mentoring, they are committed to your professional development as well. Job Description:
The Securities Operations Transformation team is responsible for all strategic change within the Securities Operations group. We require business analysts to document detailed functional requirements for processing of Fixed Income Transactions across the transaction lifecycle, identifying and proposing solutions to existing operational challenges, understand and document reference data requirements, and downstream feeds. We utilize an agile methodology so BA's will be required to partner closely with technology, operations and finance partners to progress the requirements through the agile lifecycle. Also support implementation and migration planning with data analysis
Key roles and responsibilities:
- Partnering with line subject matter experts to determine detailed business requirements Supporting the sign off and adoption of those requirements within an agile development framework
- Data and process analysis and mapping to identify improvement opportunities and proposed solutions both strategic and tactical
- Definition of test cases and scenarios as well as supporting test execution
- Running project meetings and ensure risks and issues are effectively escalated and monitored: Creation of status reports, to assist in communicating updates to management, is also required.
- Demonstrate a strong Control and Risk awareness to identify, escalate, control and mitigate
- Process Reengineering - Definition of future state business process to ensure consistency and gain maximum benefit from technology deliveries.
- 4+ years of experience working in consulting and/or financial services
- Prior experience of implementing the Client IMPACT application in business analyst or project management role
- Experience of Fixed Income products and processes including settlement and regulatory reporting in the North American market
- Knowledge of BNYM Repo Edge and other collateralize lending applications a plus
- Proven Business analysis skill set: Requirement definition, Business Process Mapping BPMN 2.0, Problem solving, data analysis
- Experience working within an Agile development lifecycle
- Experience working with geographically distributed and culturally diverse work-groups
- Excellent communication, presentation (both oral and written) & influencing skills
- Strong partnership record and ability to build effective business relationships required to leverage parts of the organization as required.
- Effective change management skills. Ability to support & adapt within a changing environment. in matrix and multi-year type project structures where strong influencing skills are required
- Proven ability to drive decisions and execute outcome
- Proven ability to achieve quality results in a high-pressure, rapidly changing environment requiring flexibility / adaptability to changeable directives.
- Knowledge and experience using various desktop and project management tools such as Microsoft Project, PitchPro, Excel