The Lead PeopleSoft HR Techno-Functional resource will work with teams to develop application code, unit test and troubleshoot issues for our PeopleSoft Human Resources application. The resource(Techno-Functional) will have deep functional knowledge of TLAM and Payroll business processes and will act as the senior functional/Business analyst for the Client Development team.
We need 60% Functional and 40% technical skills.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide PeopleSoft functional consulting services by acting as subject matter expert and leading HR Dev Team through the TLAM configuration and development lifecycle for PeopleSoft TLAM Rollouts
- Work on all project phases including fit/gap, configuration, and testing of PeopleSoft TLAM application.
- Assist clients in fully integrating the PeopleSoft TLAM with Payroll system into their current business environments and provide input on best practices
- Advise client on options, risks, and any impacts on other processes or systems
- Configure the PeopleSoft TLAM Application components to meet our unique business requirements
- Complete tasks efficiently and in a timely manner
- Report progress to clients and project managers
- Share knowledge to continually improve implementation methodology
- Conducts impact analysis, application development and unit testing to ensure the quality of the TLAM application's current design and development standards.
- New process/code development; custom enhancements to existing code, application patches/fixes/upgrades.
- Data and/or process analysis; code documentation; performance tuning; enhancements.
- Works closely with the project managers, functional team members and system administration teams to design, develop, test and implement project related changes.
- Works in a technical and business analyst capacity with a good understanding of HRMS and Payroll business processes, functionalities, relational databases and PeopleSoft table structure.
- Develops business requirements documentation, process workflow diagrams, and functional specifications, user acceptance test scripts, and other supporting documentation required for HRMS and Payroll changes.
- Prepares functional and technical documentation necessary to support business process changes or creation.
- Quickly understand the business issues and data challenges of client's organization and industry.
- Leads testing efforts.
- Updates documentation and modifies impacted processes for database platforms when necessary.
- Creates and reviews Technical and Functional Designs; unit testing; bundling/unbundling of code using PeopleTools 8.57 and Oracle 12c Database
- Weekend and off-hour work may be necessary on occasion.
- All other duties as assigned.
ADDITIONAL POSITION-SPECIFIC MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- 5+ years' relevant work experience with PeopleSoft 9.x (v. 9.2 is plus) development experience with
People Soft HRMS applications including TLAM
- Experience working on enterprise wide projects is a must.
- Two full lifecycle PeopleSoft HR, TLAM,Payroll and/or Finance implementation experience.
- 5 years' experience with PeopleSoft development tools and Oracle SQL.
- 5+ years' PeopleSoft development and integration experience with upgrades and patches.
- 5+ years' experience developing PeopleSoft interfaces into legacy and 3rd party systems.
- Strong knowledge of application development tools.
- Excellent knowledge of PeopleSoft HR Database model.
- 5 years' experience on full PeopleSoft implementations with recent experience (prior 2yrs) using PeopleSoft Time and Labor(TLAM)
- Excellent understanding of a systems development life-cycle methodology.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
- Demonstrated excellence in a variety of competencies including teamwork/collaboration, analytical thinking, communication and influencing skills, and technical expertise.
- Ability to work with changing priorities and with multiple projects.
- Ability to be precise and attentive to detail is essential.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work weekend and off-hour work on occasion.
- Working with an enterprise wide, large-scale implementation.
- Experience working with PeopleSoft Implementations in a Higher Education or Public sector environment.
- Experience in supporting application release management or project roll-out or occasional operational processing during the non-business hours or weekends.
- Experience working within a matrix environment.
- Demonstrated leadership ability