- Location: Houston, TX
- Job Type: Direct Placement
- Ref No: 20-02761
- Date: June 15, 2020
Job Description - Security Engineer
The Information Security Engineer is responsible for safeguarding the organization's computer network and systems and assists in the execution of company information security strategy. The Information Security Engineer reports to the Chief Information Security Officer, and uses a mix of soft skills (internal consulting, security subject matter expertise and security vendor management) and technical skills (security tool configuration, troubleshooting and administration) to meet the organization's information security needs. The ideal candidate for this position possesses a broad skillset, with breadth and depth of experience in the cyber security field.
The Information Security Engineer's responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Act as subject matter expert and provide consultative support on internal projects related to or involving information security
- Provide security requirements and recommendations to the business to ensure secure project implementations
- Responsible for Threat and Vulnerability management
- Lead investigations related to security issues and incidents
- Partner with Managed Security Service Provider (MSSP), Cloud Hosting Providers and other Managed Service Providers
- Review and approve firewall rules
- Implement and manage security tools, such as Advanced End Point Protection, Web Filtering Applications, Vulnerability Management, SIEM tools etc.
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum 5+ experience related experience in Information Security
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or related field of study
- Security Certifications preferred (CISSP, CEH, CISA, CISM, GIAC, CRISC)
- Demonstrated knowledge of regulatory requirements impacting information security, including PCI and SOX.
- Understanding of NIST cybersecurity standards and framework
- Prior hands on experience with firewalls, routers, switches, IDS/IPS
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to explain technical concepts to technical or non-technical personnel
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs, with ability to work a 24/7 on-call rotation.
- Ability to travel as needed (anticipated 10%)