Senior Business Analyst- Accounts Payable Applications
- Location: New York, NY
- Job Type: Direct Placement
- Ref No: 19-06222
- Date: October 18, 2019
Job Description - Senior Business Analyst- Accounts Payable Applications
Our client is a Mid-Sized Japanese bank in midtown, and they are looking to add a BA/PM resource to their team to aid in the improvement and re-design of their financial applications including their accounts payable/ Invoicing applications.
This senior Business analyst will apply technical knowledge in determining end to end design requirements for large projects involving line of business, software/hardware developers and vendors. Work closely with business partners to define strategies for technical solutions, determine requirements, and develop functional designs based on the analysis of line of business needs, objectives and existing systems infrastructure. Drives and participates in design, development and implementation of large and complex enterprise wide applications, often using new technologies. Work closely with developers and testers to ensure requirements and functional designs are translated accurately into working technical designs and that test plans and scripts serve customer needs.
- Guides projects through the project management lifecycle to achieve successful implementation
- Prepare all project deliverables scope documents, functional requirements, project plans, test plans, communication plans, user guides etc.
- Keeps project stakeholders informed. Uses any tools that are appropriate. These include project status reports, meeting minutes, and face to face meetings
- Perform business analysis to understand and interpret the requirements for all IT projects that help to improve efficiencies
- Perform data analysis to understand use cases and identify improvements and solutions to streamline related processes.
- Identify and manage risks. Recognize issues and proactively create ways to mitigate their impact
- Identify gaps in processes and ways to move the IT department to align with industry best practices
- 3-5 years business analyst experience
- Experience defining processes and mapping out Invoicing/ account payable applications
- Common knowledge of Microsoft SQL querying
- Experience working across IT teams and business groups effectively
- Experience with UML, or general experience with use cases and process flow diagrams
- Agile experience a plus
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and decision making skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- High motivated, self-directed individual with the ability to work independently
- Strong project management capabilities with ability to multi-task
- Collaborative team player and relationship builder