We are looking for experienced Instrumentation Data Analyst to join our Data Science and Analytics team. This role requires acute attention to detail, a strong sense of accountability, collaboration skills, and extensive hands-on experience as you directly contribute to the success of our data strategy, including data collection, reporting standards, data definitions, measurement documentation, and the reporting of data across our organization.
Data is central to measuring all aspects of the business, and critical to its operations and growth. Data Instrumentation Analysts work closely with the data engineering, back-end services and front-end technology teams for consistent collection and usage of critical KPIs. The Data Instrumentation Senior Analyst will work to implement data quality policies, standards and procedures, document data flows and be the subject matter expert of the data flowing into our environment that require stewardship.
- Document and implement data quality policies, standards, and procedures for both legacy and new data environments.
- Ensure the complete data lineage captured and managed for our data of record.
- Responsible for understanding the business requirements and translating them into actionable query specs and owning how data should be tracked and measured for analysis and reporting.
- Design and maintain data dictionary documents based on stakeholder requirements for multiple platforms, including websites, mobile apps, and connected devices.
- Perform data quality audits, identify data collection issues, suggest improvements, and help implement fixes.
- Manage the data taxonomy, reference data management, join model, and master data management for essential data.
- Manage the communication plan to make sure all the data consumers are aware of the data governance strategies and any changes
- Monitor, and revise as needed, the Key Performance Indicators (KPI) as we bring in more data.
- Serve as a thought leader in terms of what needs to be managed and improved to better serve our customers
- Work as a lead data steward and work hand-in-hand with the managers of the operating systems to convey the data quality needs.
- 3+ years of relevant experience in defining and implementing the data collection best practices, documenting the data flow & process mapping, as a data steward responsible for the metadata management, data quality, KPIs, etc.
- 2+ years' work experience using SQL is required.
- Strong experience in documenting the data requirements, data strategy, data rules (standardization, cleanse, and validation)
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skill to troubleshoot the issues, analyze the cause, quickly come-up with the possible solution(s), document the changes, and communicate to the change to the organization
- Demonstrated experience in digital media, clickstream tools, and analytic measurement including reporting systems such as Adobe Analytics, Conviva, Adobe Heartbeat, Google Analytics, etc.
- High familiarity with data platforms and applications such as Databricks, GitHub, Redshift, Snowflake, Airflow, etc.
- Ability to evaluate risks and provide recommendations / solutions in a timely manner
- Bachelor's degree required in information science, data management, computer science
- Minimum two years of experience in the technology industry, knowledge of data and product a plus.