Senior DevOps Engineer - Remote
- Location: REMOTE, IL
- Job Type: Direct Placement
- Ref No: 22-03169
- Date: May 10, 2022
- Pay: $110000.0 - $150000.0 per Year USD
Job Description - Senior DevOps Engineer - Remote
TITLE: Senior DevOps Engineer
Location: Chicago, IL OR Remote
We are working with a regional bank that is growing their DevOps team. They are currently in search of a DevOps Engineer to continue to help build Modern Engineering platforms. The Senior DevOps Engineer will join a CoE team that is highly visible to the entire organization. You must have the ability to interact with both technical and non-technical teams to be successful.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Set up CI/CD pipelines to support automated deployment of resources to Cloud environments, all at medium to high level of complexity
- This is a hands-on role that develops and supports build and release automation pipelines. You will be part of the team that will deploy a highly available full software stack in public/ private clouds
- Remediate gaps and support the automation requirements of continuous integration and continuous deployment
- Identify and develop metrics and dashboards to monitor adoption and maturity of DevOps
- Experience in Docker/Containerization and Kubernetes
- Ability to contribute to architecture discussions around technology controls and their implementation in a DevOps/Cloud environment
- Work collaboratively with architecture, security and other engineers to estimate, design, code, deploy and support working software / technology components
- Foster the adoption of DevSecOps culture and capabilities across Agile product delivery teams
- Work in an Agile/Scrum environment; planning, estimating, and completing tasks on
- Liaison with Agile Delivery Process teams to support necessary configurations/setup in Azure DevOps (ADO) for Agile ceremonies
- Work with development and support teams to design improved deployment, provisioning and integration workflows, ensure environments stability and identify areas and plans for improvement
- Contribute to new technology, vendor package and tool road mapping, evaluation and introduction
- Ensure compliance with Performance, Security, Availability, Recoverability standards and policies and provide Monitoring recommendations for tasks of low to medium level of complexity
- 5+ years of demonstrable software engineering and DevOps experience
- 5+ years working in SCRM/Agile software development environment
- Proficiency in cross-platform scripting language and build tools (Python, ANT, Artifactory, Groovy, MS Build,NuGet)
- Proficiency in OOP software development using C# or similar languages
- Experience deploying and administering Continuous integration tools such as Azure DevOps, Jenkins, TeamCity, Octopus or Bamboo
- Experience with Infrastructure cloud tools such as Terraform, Docker, and Aspire etc.
- Experience with automated testing solutions for unit testing, integration and system testing
- Ability to define scalable CI/CD pipelines
- Understanding of deployment strategies using Docker for containerization
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience. Computer Science or related field preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND BEHAVIORS REQUIRED
- Strong cloud engineering experience primarily with Azure OR AWS.
- Experience in working with Terraform, Ansible, and/or Chef for infrastructure automation and configuration
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes on platforms such as AWS ECS and AWS EKS
- Experience with programming languages such as Python, Golang, and C++ is a plus
- Experience with APM and monitoring tools such as Datadog, New Relic, Prometheus/Grafana.
- Experience with SQL databases such as MySQL and PostgreSQL, NoSQL databases like AWS Dynamo DB and MongoDB, graph DB such as Neo4J, AWS Neptune.
- Experience with project management and workflow tools and concepts such as Jira, Agile, Scrum/Kanban, etc.
- Strong communication/presentation skills and ability to explain protocol, processes, and cloud architecture with team and management.
About Infinity Consulting Solutions
At Infinity Consulting Solutions our mission is to cultivate successful long term relationships with candidates and clients matching the right candidate with the right client. We believe technology cannot replace the real personal relationships we cultivate. We reject the notion that technology alone is the answer to staffing which is why we our successful partnerships rely on collaboration NOT automation. ICS has been providing flexible staffing solutions for over 20 years in Information Technology, Compliance, Accounting / Finance and Corporate Support. Our staffing solutions include Contract, Temp to Perm and Permanent Placement.
ICS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.