Senior Java Software Engineer
- Location: Wilmington, DE
- Job Type: Right to Hire
- Ref No: 20-03633
- Date: September 09, 2020
Job Description - Senior Java Software Engineer
ICS is working with a Fortune 500, industry leading financial institution in Wilmington, DE who is looking for a Senior Java Software Engineer. Can you picture yourself working for one of America's Ideal Employers? Our client has received numerous awards and accolades due in part to their commitment to diversity, veterans, and fostering innovation. They've been named one of Fortune Magazine's -World's Most Admired Companies- of 2018 and are included in the -Top 50 Most Innovative Companies- named by Boston Consulting Group. With on-site training and mentoring, they are committed to your professional development as well. Job Description:
Sr. Software Engineer - As an experienced member of our Software Engineering Group we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation & engineering practices. Expertise in various technology delivery concepts including Domain Driven Design, API oriented development, microservice and event-based architectures, and automation are key. You will lead a team in building cloud-based solutions leveraging modern patterns with implementations in both our private and public cloud platforms.
We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You'll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
- Primarily responsible for the delivery of software as a lead on an agile team.
- Champion leveraging modern technologies including cloud backed APIs, microservices and DevSec culture.
- Responsible for all aspects of technology delivery.
- Build and maintain relationships with business and technology team members.
- Triage technical issues and work toward solving problems.
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience Computer Science or related field.
- 8+ years of experience on technical Delivery teams and enterprise products.
- Demonstrated proficiency in application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines.
- Ability to work collaboratively in teams and develop meaningful relationships to achieve common goals.
- Demonstrated experience building internet scale platforms from the ground up. Strong understanding of OOP & SOA principles, enterprise design patterns and industry best practices with experience using modern technology (e.g. Java, Cassandra, Kafka) and design patterns (e.g. microservices, APIs).
- Strong understanding of Java concurrency, concurrency patterns and experience building thread safe code.
- Experience with pattern languages (Gof4, Enterprise patterns, Strangler).
- Expert level experience designing and building REST web services at internet scale.
- Experience in cloud technologies and patterns (AWS, Google Cloud).
- Experience with automated testing tools and capabilities (Cucumber, Selenium, ATDD, TDD).
- Experience with high volume, mission critical applications.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Experience with tuning high volume applications.
- Familiarity with database technology such as MySQL, Oracle or Amazon RDS and messaging technologies such as IBM MQ and Apache Kafka.