ICS has a client seeking a Senior Manager/Director of Infrastructure. This position is going to lead a team of 3-4 and will be VERY hands-on.
The Director, Infrastructure & IT Operations, will lead, plan, organize and direct the activities of the IT Infrastructure/Operations and Service Desk teams to deliver, maintain, and support IT services.
- Partner with technology, business, functional and operational leaders to develop the roadmap/strategy and oversee large programs for your area of responsibility
- Collaborate with project teams, technology, and business to ensure that new services and upgrades are implemented without adverse impact on the company's operations
- Identify opportunities to drive efficiency, cost savings and scale for IT while supporting the organization's growth.
- Build, manage, coach, and mentor a team of system administrators, service desk, IT operations and other specialists
- Act as point of escalation for IT service delivery concerns from the business, ensuring business impacts are identified and discussed
- Develop and enhance business continuity/disaster recovery planning and test execution.
- Manage operating and project investment budgets to target; plan, forecast future needs; identify creative ways to create value through IT while striving to lower costs.
- Establish and direct the change management, incident management, incident response, and other core IT processes
- Develop plans to identify and fix causes of outages and incidents following agreed-upon change control and release management processes
- Conduct periodic evaluation of licenses and services to ensure appropriate licensing levels, re-evaluating needs, and confirming cost/budget agreement
- Negotiate and oversee vendor contracts for licensing, maintenance, implementation, operations, and ongoing support to ensure IT SLAs are met in cost-effective ways.
- Develop SaaS management strategy, proactively monitoring and managing the lifecycle of all the software-as-a-service (SaaS) applications within a company's portfolio
What you bring to the team:
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field
- 5+ years of AWS
- 2+ years of Palo Alto
- 8+ years of infrastructure and IT operations experience, with experience in a similar role
- 5+ years of demonstrated competence in people and project leadership across diverse departments or teams
- Excellent understanding of computer systems, security, network and systems administration, databases and data storage systems, and telecommunications systems
- Experience managing and administering a cloud-based distributed company network and different SaaS applications
- Experience with cybersecurity and security operations
- Hands-on, collaborative leadership style with a heavy focus on business engagement
- Comfortable operating in a high-intensity and evolving environment
- Mentor, coach, and transfer expertise to others
- Experience negotiating and managing service provider contracts
- Experience implementing ITIL within IT