Senior Network Administrator
- Location: Vernon Hills, IL
- Job Type: Direct Placement
- Ref No: 22-02966
- Date: May 02, 2022
- Pay: $70000.0 - $85000.0 per Year USD
Job Description - Senior Network Administrator
The Senior Network Administrator will design, install, modify, monitor and maintain the clients' networks and computer systems. Exceptional analytical skills are required to troubleshoot issues and deliver secure, creative, value-driven solutions.
Senior Network Administrator Job Duties:
- Establishes VPN, LAN, WAN, VLAN, and DMZ specifications by conferring with users; analyzing workflow, access, information, and security requirements; designing router administration, including interface configuration and routing protocols.
- Continually improves the networks by monitoring and evaluating network performance issues including availability, utilization, throughput and latency; planning and executing the selection, installation, configuration, and testing of equipment; defining network policies and procedures; establishing connections and firewalls.
- Secures the networks by developing and implementing network access, monitoring, control, and evaluation systems; maintaining documentation.
- Administers servers, virtual servers, NAS, SAN, desktop computers, printers, routers, switches, firewalls, phones, personal digital assistants, smartphones, software deployment, security updates and patches.
- Maintains network facilities in all machines, such as drivers and settings of personal devices and printers.
- Maintains network servers such as file servers, VPN Gateways, and intrusion detection systems.
- Provides client support in a hybrid capacity utilizing RMM tools, telecommunication, in-person visits and meetings, and emergency situations.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Maintains inventory of equipment and parts as well as documentation of configurations, standards, and vendor activities.
- Protects organizational value by keeping information confidential.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership of tasks and requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Senior Network Administrator Skills and Qualifications:
- M365 Administration and Deployment experience.
- VPN, LAN, WAN, VLAN, and DMZ Knowledge.
- Network Design and Implementation experience.
- Strong acumen in problem solving, multi-tasking, coordination and teamwork, leadership skills, self-starter with a strong technical zeal.
- Professional and effective communication skills and the ability to work with customer base on complex technical issues.
- Active Directory, Exchange, Patch Management, Image Deployment, iSCSI, VM Ware and Windows Server administration experience with emphasis on Server 2019.
- Exceptional Analytical Skills.
- 5-10 years of combined relevant experience and education.
- Field related certifications are desired.
We are looking for someone that has 5-10 years' experience. This will be the perfect time for the right candidate to get in on the ground floor of a fast-growing company.
- Health Insurance
- Paid Vacation
- Company Paid Holidays
- Long-Term Disability
- Supplemental Short-Term Disability
- Job Type: Full-time