Senior Network Engineer - Remote
- Location: New York, NY
- Job Type: Direct Placement
- Ref No: 20-02995
- Date: July 06, 2020
Job Description - Senior Network Engineer - Remote
Lead Network Engineer
A Minimum of 8 years in the Financial Industry, preferably in a Trading environment is required for this position. The candidate must have experience in the Architecture, Design, Implementation, and Maintenance of Trading-related Network infrastructure, such as: Market Data Distribution Networks, Ultra Low-latency and low-latency networks.
General Competency of Lead Network Engineer
- The candidate must be highly motivated
- Willing to work in a fast-paced, constantly-changing environment.
- The candidate must have good communication skills.
- The candidate must be customer-focused.
- Ability to work effectively and productively with others, and still comfortable working independently.
Core Technical Competence of Lead Network Engineer
- Architect, Design, Implement, and Troubleshoot Networks for different needs in the financial industry.
- A solid background designing, managing, and troubleshooting a diverse multi-protocol, switched and routed enterprise networks.
- The candidate must be good at documentation in general. Competent with working with network diagrams using Microsoft Visio.
- Ability to be able to troubleshoot network connectivity issues with both external and internal clients.
- Heavy hands-on experience with multiple internetworking devices
- Strong ability to use packet tracing technologies to troubleshoot network issues.
Specific Technology Expertise:
Strong and extensive knowledge of complex protocols and technologies:
BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, RIP-v2, Static Routing, route-redistribution, summarization, Policy-Routing.
Trunking, spanning-tree, dot1q, VLANs, VTP, Ethernet switching, Multi-layer switching
PIM, IGMP, MSDP
TCP/IP, UDP, HSRP, DNS, DHCP, FTP, TFTP, NAT, TACACS, SSH, NTP, SYSLOG, TELNET,
SNMP, SYSLOG, IPSLA, NETFLOW
IPSEC, VPNS, Firewalls.
Wireshark, sniffers, packet captures, and packet decode, Market Data packet decodes, FIX packet decodes.
Vendor specific technology expertise:
- Cisco switches and Routers: Cisco 4900M, Cisco Nexus3064, Nexus 3548, Cisco 3750, Cisco 6500, Cisco 3800, Cisco 7200, Cisco 7600,
- Arista 7150, 7050, 7500 series
- Juniper Netscreen and SRX Firewalls.
- NetScout Infinistreams and Performance Managers
- Corvil CNE-2100, 2110, 2300, 6300 7300
- SevOne SNMP Management system.
Third Party Applications Not Accepted