Senior Penetration Tester
- Location: Norwalk, CT
- Job Type: Direct Placement
- Ref No: 19-06639
- Date: November 11, 2019
Job Description - Senior Penetration Tester
Our Client is a Billion Dollar start-up unicorn that focuses on Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery solutions. Since established in 2007 they have grown to about 5000 employees with over 22 offices around the world.
The Application Security Engineer aids developers in the proactive identification of weaknesses in our products and services. You will have proficiency in penetration testing of operating systems and web applications. You will also offer application and architecture design and remediation guidance to engineering and product teams for identified issues. This role will is a perfect opportunity for a self-starter interested in growing an Application Security function from the ground up.
Does This Describe You:
You have great instincts, raw talent, and aren't afraid of taking on a challenge alone.
A Look Inside the Job:
- Client threats, vulnerabilities and exploits through architecture design review, threat modeling, code review, and penetration assessments
- Offer remediation guidance to stakeholders for identified issues and serve as an escalation resource for engineering as they reduce issues
- Draft application security policies and standards that can be leveraged in the secure development of products and services
- Educate engineering employees on secure coding and development best practices
- Help with tools identification, onboarding and/or tools development to assist developers in the secure development of applications
- Configure, run and monitor automated security testing tools
- Build process and technology to improve the reporting and prioritization of identified weaknesses
- Organized, detail-oriented and pragmatic with effective communication skills
- Experience driving application security requirements in a traditional SDLC and through stories and epics in an Agile and SCRUM development environment
- Deep knowledge of software and web application vulnerabilities including OWASP top 10
- Penetration Testing or Systems Security Engineer experience
- Software Engineering experience developing/debugging