Senior Security Analyst
- Location: Glenview, IL
- Job Type: Direct Placement
- Ref No: 20-00910
- Date: February 11, 2020
Job Description - Senior Security Analyst
Senior Security Analyst
We are seeking a Senior Security Analyst to provide technical leadership in the Threat Protection space. This is a Global role with responsibilities for assets and applications in NA, Europe and Asia Client. This person will be focused on developing processes and procedures to follow in the event of a breach, identifying the high value assets and managing threat identification and mitigation. They will work closely with other infrastructure teams such as Networking, Infrastructure, Procurement and Governance as well application product teams. This is a team role where they are expected to lead but also understand that they can only be successful when fully integrated with the other parts of Infrastructure.
- 3-5 years of experience in an information security role.
- Strong Networking background, preferably Cisco
- Deep understanding of ISO 27001 and NIST security best practice
- Experience with security around Cloud solutions (PAAS as well as SAAS)
- Knowledge of emerging technology and the security governance implications.
- Strong customer orientation and excellent negotiation skills.
- Ability to foster teamwork.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field or equivalent experience.
- Technical certifications in related fields are a plus.
- Knowledge of laws, regulations, and requirements related to Information Security (i.e. HIPAA, GDPR, Payment Card Industry, Domestic and International Privacy regulations)
- Serve as an IT security consultant to the Director, Infrastructure for policies, standards, risk assessments, and evaluation of new technologies
- Maintain data and monitor security access
- Conduct internal and external security audits
- Manage network, intrusion detection and prevention systems
- Investigate, analyze, contain, and report IT security incidents in accordance with the incident response plan.
- Recommend and install appropriate tools and countermeasures
- Define, implement and maintain corporate security policies
- Security awareness training
- Coordinate security plans with outside vendors
- Work with key business leaders to help identify critical assets
- Create presentations for Senior Level leaders
- Able to travel both domestically as well as internationally as needed