Senior Security Architect
- Location: New York, NY
- Job Type: Direct Placement
- Ref No: 19-06497
- Date: November 04, 2019
Job Description - Senior Security Architect
The Security Architect will manage and maintain the Firm's security program. He/she will need to pro-actively identify security risks, recommend solutions, work with affected departments to address the risk, and ensure that the solutions remain in effect. He/she must have extensive hands-on experience supplemented by an understanding of theory and practice. The candidate's responsibilities include security for all areas of I.T. including servers, networks, desktops, third party services and application development.
- Work with a small dedicated security team to implement technical solutions and provide operational capabilities.
- Project manage security initiatives and provide project oversight of all security projects.
- Provide oversight and technical direction for security initiatives.
- Provide leadership and technical guidance to other members of the team.
- Provide overall technical design & architecture for all aspects of security in the infrastructure.
- Need to be hands-on both from a mentoring standpoint, as well as from an execution of tasks when team members are not available standpoint.
- Supervise third-party vendors for various projects or services.
- Create operational capabilities within the security organization.
- Review technology platforms, identify deficiencies, recommend and implement improvements.
- Work with vendors and colleagues to assess different technologies and determine their impact on security.
- Troubleshoot security issues and assist with security incident responses and forensic investigations.
- Prepare risk reports to senior management including security incidents, system vulnerabilities, and ongoing compliance functions.
- Strong hands-on technical experience in the security domain. .i.e. must have hands-on experience with some of the key security technologies—IDS, SIEM, Network Security, Application Security, Endpoint Security
- Strong communication skills. Ability to clearly articulate ideas, solutions etc.
- Organized with Strong Project Management skills
- Self-driven—Ability to lead projects from initiation to completion.
- Educational background with BS / MS in Computer Science, Engineering or related area.
- Strong knowledge of internet, web, application and network security platforms.
- Strong knowledge of Linux & Windows operating system security.
- 4+ years' of experience in a similar position.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills to troubleshoot and resolve security issues
- Ability to perform and interpret vulnerability assessments
- Ability to administer the operations of a security infrastructure
- Ability to balance and prioritize work
- Experience with threat modeling, penetration testing or running security scans with third party software
- Experience working with IP networking, networking protocols and understanding of security related technologies including Encryption, VPNs, PKI, Firewalls, IDS, Proxies, NAC, SIEM, AV, DNS, Email, Wireless
- Experience working with leading firewall, network scanning and intrusion detection products and authentication technologies
- Some scripting experience is necessary
- Possess security certifications (CISSP, CISM, CISA, GSEC, etc.)
- Experience with project management and industry best practices
- Experience working within the Financial Services industry