Senior Software Engineer - Web API
- Location: REMOTE, TX
- Job Type: Direct Placement
- Ref No: 21-00994
- Date: February 24, 2021
Job Description - Senior Software Engineer - Web API
SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER - WEB API
ICS is hiring a Senior Software Engineer, with an expertise in Web API's, to join our Client's "Always On " team!
Are you a passionate software engineer? Does writing software to continue to reliably work against failures motivate you? When you see something broken, do you have the urge to fix it? Do you like beautiful architecture and code, believe engineering is a craft and your code is a work of art? Are you not afraid to speak your mind and are always seeking how to work better? Do you love squeezing performance out of your code? Are you fervent about having completely automated, zero touch software deployments with zero downtime?
If this sounds like you, this is the role for you!
What You'll Do:
- Collaborate with Architects and Tech Lead to finalize implementation plan to refactor Azure IaaS/PaaS cloud services for high availability, resiliency, scalability, security, and optimal performance to meet service level objectives.
- Write software with high quality thru automated self-certification prior to delivery to consumers.
- Troubleshoot and determine root cause of complex cross product issues and identify action items to drive increased reliability.
- Automate deployments, scaling, and other operational tasks to be as boring as possible.
- Mentor and pair program with junior team members to help them succeed and achieve their full technical potential.
- Relentlessly document your implementation, patterns, practices, and processes.
Skills/Experience You'll Need:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent field or relevant work experience.
- 5+ years of experience in professional software development
- 3+ years of Web API focused development
- Experience with Azure / Azure DevOps
- Strong troubleshooting skills across network, application, hardware, and service layers
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and communication skills
- Proficient with C#, .Net Framework, PowerShell and Visual Studio
- Proficient with ASP.NET, WPF, WCF, and Web API
- Experience with design patterns, especially cloud resiliency patterns
- Experience in code refactoring, quality improvement, and performance optimization
- Strong knowledge of multi-threading, scalability, performance, and application security
- Knowledge of SQL Server 2014/2017 database concepts
- Experience working in an agile environment with an SDLC like Scrum, SaFE, etc.
- Experience participating in product release cycle, including code reviews and defect triage.
- Experience with software development best practices like test-driven development.