Senior Software Developer
- Location: Provo, UT
- Job Type: Right to Hire
- Ref No: 19-06385
- Date: October 25, 2019
Job Description - Senior Software Developer
Sr. Software Developer
Contract To Hire - 6 Month
What You’ll Do…
Our Software Engineers (SEs) specialize in managing the interchange of data between the servers and the users. You will collaborate with team members in creating performant and bug free code through code reviews and continuous integration processes. Your primary focus will be the development of client-side and server-side logic to build high quality user interfaces and micro-services that support the needs of our customers.
SEs drive software excellence across our organization by ensuring high quality and performant code is delivered to our distributors, customers and partners. This is achieved through strong, continuous collaboration, innovative ideas and decisive action with partner engineering teams.
What you will do…
- Perform system analysis, design, development and implementation of scalable enterprise solutions in a high transaction environment using client/server and web technologies and SOLID object-oriented and/or Functional design principles.
- Actively participate in meetings to review product requirements in order to clarify expected outcomes and acceptance criteria.
- Develop flowcharts, layouts and documentation to identify requirements and solutions.
- Create web user interfaces and supporting micro-services.
- Design and develop database schemas, stored procedures and other data access methods.
- Participate in Scrum ceremonies and estimation activities.
- Identify and implement ideas to improve system performance and availability.
- Resolve complex technical design issues.
- Perform code reviews to validate the design and implementation of features in addition to finding bugs and estimating the code quality.
- Facilitate or work with experienced team members to conduct root cause analysis of system issues and implement corrective solutions.
- Create and perform unit testing code using Test Driven Design (TDD) for code quality and coverage.
- Mentor other software engineering team members.
- Collaborate with quality assurance efforts to develop software test plans.
- Adhere to company software engineering standards (coding, unit testing, integration testing, deployment, best practices, etc).
Why we’re excited about you…
- Keen eye for detail and commitment to excellence.
- Understanding of systems architecture and development theory.
- Knowledge and usage of web libraries and frameworks such as Vue, Angular, Polymer and React.
- Basic understanding of CSS pre-processing systems such as SASS and LESS.
- Basic understanding with development tools such as Webpack, Gulp and Babel.
- Basic knowledge and usage of Node.js and NPM.
- Experience creating unit tests and using unit testing tools such as ESLint, Karma and Jasmine.
- Solid understanding of web technology and experience using or creating web services.
- Familiarity with CI/CD tools and patterns.
- Demonstratable knowledge of relational database basics such as joins, constraints, stored procedures and schema design.
- Experience with tools such as Git, New Relic, Maven, Jenkins, Postman, ELK and Splunk.
- Cloud experience, AWS preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; can effectively articulate complex ideas and influence others through well-reasoned explanation.
- Passion for shipping high quality, elegant, tested code with an obsession in delivering value to our distributors.
- Expert knowledge of database development functions such as joins, constraints, stored procedures, indexing and schema design as well as expertise in NoSql solutions such as DynamoDB or MongoDB.
- Expert knowledge of development tools such as Webpack, Gulp and Babel.
- Strong experience with Node.js and NPM.
- Extensive experience with web libraries and frameworks such as Vue, React or Angular.
- Led large projects and mentored a team of software engineers
- Extensive experience with system and cloud architecture, AWS preferred.
- Strong experience with the CI/CD pipeline.
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills.