Service Desk Specialist
The Service Desk Specialist is responsible for providing advanced technical assistance and support for IT clinical and business applications.
The Service Desk Specialist is responsible for providing advanced technical assistance and support for IT clinical and business applications. He/she will handle incoming calls, perform first level troubleshooting and facilitate request fulfillment for most platforms and systems. He/she either resolves the client's issue directly or escalates or refers the problem to the appropriate associates in level II/level III groups within other groups as or with designated outside vendors. The Service Desk Specialist is a resource and escalation point for peer Service Desk specialists. He/she provides outstanding client service and contributes to the organization's mission of utilizing information technology to improve patient care.
• Provide advanced technical assistance and support for clinical applications and/or other business applications or systems.
o Take ownership of issues for specific application or systems prior to escalating to product teams, and work with the product teams on resolutions.
o Remote control into customers' machines if necessary.
o Actively create new knowledge content for use by Service Desk support teams.
o Communicate with SD Managers and Product Team Managers where there are training needs to prevent further escalations and resolution can occur
o Stay in communication with Service Desk Managers and SD Team Leads to coordinate efforts for Major Incidents as well as trending issues.
o Hold workshops where in-house materials are created and training for the SD specialists
o Stay current on application changes and industry trends for support to remain a resource to all Service Desk associates.
• Keep Team Lead/Manager apprised of trend in tickets that could potentially be a Major Incident
• Be conscious of all workarounds and known errors, document new knowledge content as needed and communicate to customers as needed
• Perform other related duties as required
• Hands-on & support experience with Epic Ambulatory and / or inpatient modules preferred
• 3-5 years of solid first level Service Desk support in a mid-to large sized organization
• Experience supporting multiple operating systems, network devices, productivity applications, and general systems
• Strong customer service skills
|Cloud DevOps Engineer|