SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
ICS is hiring a Development Manager for our growing B2B SaaS solution client in Nashville, TN! The Software Development Manager is responsible for managing a technical team of Software Developers in the design and development of new SaaS solutions and application enhancements. This person will also have some technical responsibilities including code reviews, identifying code issues and suggesting best practices.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Engages with system users and business analysts to identify system enhancements and/or new applications to meet business needs.
- Actively contributes to the development of solutions and ideas that add value.
- Develops elegant and simple solutions.
- Experience working on Business to Consumer mobile development.
- Assists in planning and organizing meetings/conference calls, including arranging accommodations and other logistics.
- Provides support during meetings as required; prepares and takes dictation, minutes, agendas, notices and manages mailings of meeting agendas and supporting materials.
- Produces code of high quality and reliability - strong quality code metrics.
- Effectively performs code walk-throughs. In conjunction with Quality Services.
- Proactively performs extensive system testing to ensure that the systems work efficiently and are developed following the applicable development methodology.
- Creates Unit tests to ensure accuracy. Tracks record of identifying largest risk areas and driving resolution of these issues.
- Leads the design, development and implementation of complex systems.
- Provides accurate and timely input to Project Manager regarding status of technical tasks for self and team.
- Effectively and actively plays the role of technical advisor for projects, providing advice on tools, process and design to others.
- Shows initiative to initiate and actively facilitate meetings and issue resolution, involving the right individuals.
- Ensures project goals make sense and overall development objectives are being met.
- Serves as a contact person in support of more serious production problems/issues.
- Designs and develops high quality, scalable and efficient solutions and products on schedule
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or a related technical field, or equivalent combination of post-secondary education and work experience
- 8+ years’ experience of Software Development experience from a .NET environment
- 2+ years’ experience of leading and managing a software development team
- Experience with complex, enterprise web development
- Experience with responsive website designs and solutions
- Demonstrated ability to gather requirements, design and develop systems
- Ability to track record of designing and developing high quality, scalable and efficient solutions and products on schedule
- Effective team leader on diverse and different teams
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to accurately identify root cause of technical problems
- Excellent communication skills; verbal and written
- Ability to have fun WHILE working on new projects with cutting edge technology
- Ability to adapt to change in a fast-paced environment