- Location: Chicago, IL
- Job Type: Direct Placement
- Ref No: 20-03171
- Date: July 22, 2020
Job Description - Systems Engineer
The Systems Engineer will be a member of the Enterprise Server team providing support and project based work. The Systems Engineer will work on a team of server and systems experts dealing with initiatives that will empower and advance applications, infrastructure, and data technology strategy.
- Design, install, configure, optimize, administer, and support Microsoft Server & Linux Operating Systems,
- Provide engineering, support for Microsoft Office 365, Cisco USC hardware, VMware, Citrix, SAN, SCCM, and Active Directory.
- Design, install, configure, optimize, and administer the SAN/NAS environments including replication.
- Daily support of Windows Environment and Active Directory administration.
- Resolve escalated help desk tickets and provide afterhours (rotational) support as needed for problem, resolution and root cause analysis.
- Interact with vendors for quotes, support, new technologies, and vendor relationship tasks.
- Analyze metrics to identify optimization opportunities and utilization/capacity trends.
- Document Standard Operating Procedures for the team to follow and shares ideas and concepts with technology leaders on best practices and server policies.
- Maintain and communicate project plan and status updates proactively.
- Complete other projects and duties as assigned.
- Minimum 7 years technical experience of system installations and administration in a predominantly Windows Environment
- 5 years technical experience working with SAN and NAS storage (Pure, Data Domain, XIo, VNX)
- 3 years technical experience working with enterprise backup solutions (CommVault)
- Working knowledge and experience of VMware
- Advanced working knowledge of Windows Server and Active Directory
- Skilled with TCP/IP networking
- Experience using proactive software and hardware monitoring solutions
- Advanced troubleshooting skills and analysis skills to drive root cause analysis
- Extremely motivated with a strong desire to deliver consistent & exceptional results in an exciting and growing company
- Candidate should be accustomed to work with a "Sense of Urgency”, "Duty to Communicate” and "Accountability”
- Excellent communication skills with proven ability to communicate effectively in both written and oral communication
- The ability to see the "big picture” and scope requirements to the organization's direction
Preferred Skills & Education:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, related field, or 8 years of equivalent industry experience
- Previous experience supporting backup software and recovery strategies
- Advanced with PowerShell scripting experience a plus
- Previous experience in a fast pace brokerage or trading firm a plus
- Exposure to Cisco UCS hardware, vRealize, and vCenter Orchestrator a plus
- Experience utilizing Microsoft System Center Suite