Wires/Cross Border Payments Subject Matter Expert
- Location: charlotte, NC
- Job Type: Direct Placement
- Ref No: 19-06568
- Date: November 06, 2019
Job Description - Wires/Cross Border Payments Subject Matter Expert
New York City, NY or Charlotte, NC
We are looking for a WIRES / Cross Border Payments SME with ability to manage, lead a technology deliver team while working with business, operations. Must know WIRES large platforms management preferably ACI MTS. Familiarity with WIRE operations exceptions processing and support needs for back office. Knowledge of clearing houses (CHIPS, FEDWIRE) related compliance and mandates. Familiarity with faster payments & real time payments desired.
- Delivers broad functional or cross-functional objectives and strategies for groups managed, in addition to supporting strategic business deliverables.
- Influence peers, colleagues and managers across organizational lines to take action and resolve issues quickly on complex, technical or sensitive topics with enterprise wide impact.
- Drive optimal business outcomes leveraging a combination of sound business centric mindset and strong technology skills.
- Implement technology solutions and GT&O strategic & transformation objectives are properly aligned at all intersections
- Serve as primary contact to executive management for critical technology driven initiatives dependent on size and scale of project.
- Responsible for creation and development of technology solutions appropriate to the business needs and objectives, directs all development activities and oversees implementation of programs, projects or processes.
- Responsible for ensuring all technology deliverables and associated work product are aligned and delivering to specification across approved change activities in accordance with governing policies and standards.
- Escalation point for unresolved problems, complaints and highly complex or high visibility service requests.
- Accountable for sound risk management through systems risk identification, action-plan execution and risk lifecycle ownership.
- 15+ years relevant experience in roles, preferably in a development organization
- Banking domain knowledge, WIRES processing across channels (WIRE ROOM, File based, online based)
- History of success in delivering technology change, project execution and delivery
- Deep knowledge of Technology platforms, applications, processes, and procedures.
- Effective performance in matrix environment leveraging strong knowledge of technology platforms, applications, processes, and governance.
- Proven track record of leading high performing teams, attracting and developing technical talent
Principal stakeholder relationships
- GTS Business Partners and Product Owners
- Transaction Services / Payments Operations, Technology Operations
CTO Infrastructure, Production Support Partners
- ET Architecture, Global Information Security Partners
- Strategic and commercial mindset: sets vision for technology in support of business strategy
- Business Liaison to provide support and direction to business partners and technology service providers Ensure that technology service providers understand business direction and priorities.
- Provides oversight regarding strategic alignment, prioritization, planning and development ( as well as coordination and implementation ) of platforms in support of GHR strategic plans and in the direction of technology standards
- Maintains close alignment with executive and line management to understand the firm and GTST goals and requirements.
- Provide leadership and management with a focus on reducing risk, improving technology efficiency and enabling our business partners strategic objectives
- Manages team(s) of business analysts, developers, business solutions leads and other technology experts to achieve defined goals
- Manages technology budgets, monitors progress and adjusts resources and priorities accordingly Manages employees and responsible for all compensation decisions.
- Familiarity with midrange-based systems, development ( SDLC ), Agile, DevOps
- WIRES / Cross Border Payments, Swifts, domain centric off the shelf products specifically ACI MTS Platform
- Ability to build/maintain partnerships in a client-driven environment; experience with handling clients and demonstrating partnership during situations
- Excellent communication skills with ability to collaborate, influence, drive impact and report on evidence-based value
- Strategic and operational management of key vendor and strategic partner relationships
- Detailed knowledge of the policies that govern technology at Client from programming standards, engineering design, maintenance, application activities, compliance, risk and security standards
- Proven ability to effectively apply risk principles to challenging business situations
- Additional key skills include consulting skills and conflict resolution, proactively drive innovative business solutions, and use technical, enterprise, and business knowledge to work across structures to meet customer needs