Java Software Engineer
- Location: Minneapolis, MN
- Job Type: Right to Hire
- Ref No: 20-03122
- Date: July 19, 2020
Job Description - Java Software Engineer
JAVA SOFTWARE DEVELOPER
ICS is seeking a Senior Software Engineer for our Client in the Minneapolis area! The Senior Java Developer will be part of a team developing software for our Client’s information and/or transactional suites of services and will have experience with designing solutions crossing multiple platforms and technologies. The Senior Java Developer must have demonstrated excellent architecture, design, and application development skills, and superlative interpersonal and communication skills. Must be a team player!
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Design and develop distributed applications with moderate to high complexity that also have moderate to significant business criticality.
- Provide full software development lifecycle support.
- Responsible for design, secure coding, and for enforcing application security and standards and compliance processes.
- Work independently, with guidance in only the most complex situations.
- May lead functional teams or projects.
- Have in-depth domain knowledge of the relevant business area/s.
- Key responsibilities include requirement analysis, design, code, test, debug, document, implement and maintain software applications.
SKILLS / EXPERIENCE YOU NEED:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering, or other relatable studies
- Experience in developing high-volume transaction processing systems
- High energy with a contagious passion for software development.
- Must have experience resolving complex system problems in a team setting, including evaluation of options to determine optimal solution
- 10+ years of software development experience to include 6 years application development and testing experience in a distributed environment with diverse technologies.
- 5+ years of JAVA EE design and development experience
- 5+ years of web-based development experience
- 5+ years of experience with application servers (Websphere preferred using Eclipse and Maven development tools)
- 4+ years UNIX experience, preferably on AIX
- 3+ years of experience with XML 9.
- Experience with web development frameworks (Spring/Hibernate/others)
- Experience with UI using server-side frameworks (JSF)
- Experience with Oracle and DB2
- Experience with functional testing (Selenium)
- Experience with continuous integration (Jenkins)
- Experience in design, development and deployment of RESTful services
- Experience with Python, Ruby and Perl scripting languages
- Experience with MQ Series
- Experience with Web Services
- Experience designing Service Oriented web applications using Unified Modeling Language (UML).
- Experience with deploying application, defining security configurations, etc.
- Experience with Subversion